chaplain

il_robez

Oooooo Chemistry! FUN! I'm a chemistry minor as a pre-med. Gotta typically have CuO (Copper (II) Oxide) first before you get a nice turquoise like that and then it typically comes into contact with HSO4 or a combination of HCl and/or HNO3, but both of those either lean it more towards blue or more towards green. That's why old pennys typically have uneven discoloration all over them...different strengths/levels of organic acids in our skin.

As for the model. I WISH I could paint that fast and have it look that good. I'd be a happy man if that's all it took for me to get tabletop quality.

Great job. Keep up the chemistry!

Wow, thats pretty good for under 2 hours. Nice and clean painting. My only real gripe is the random turquoise blots on the gold. They just seem sort of sloppy, like you accidentally splashed it onto the model.

Great model. The weathering on the gold is pretty neat - might have to pinch that idea :)

Copper, not gold...

It looks realistic. Maybe a tad more green in the turqoise would have made it even more realistic, but it looks good!

Yes, yes I do. I'm sorry. It's H2SO4. Good catch on that one. Not sure what I was thinking there. You simply wouldn't get anything with HSO4-...possibly a saponified Cupric salt but not without some extreme temperature/pressure conditions. Not even positive that would do it...

It'd be hard to even stabilize an HSO4- molecule...

But I digress...

because isn't gold but... ehm.. Cu

and blue is CuS04!

i'm sorry for the name..

i don't know english...

Looks great, I can't believe you did that nice of a job in that short period of time! I also must say that I am happy to see that Chemistry has trancended the language barrier!

Archived