Sisters of Battle Modified Design

For a while now I have never liked the Battle Sister power armour design. I just couldn't understand how a tight corset and a metal bra was going to protect someone from bolter shells and the like. So I went about designing my own power armour for a Battle Sister. I also went for a theme that this Battle Sister has been fighting alongside Black Templars (the true model Loyalist Space Marine Chapter) for a while and has adopted similar stylings. So henceforth the Battle Sister will be more Medieval English then Medieval French. This will also mean that she will be able to win more battles, so it ain't all that bad.

Here is the current look of her power armour. Note the covered legs. This is based off the time period she takes inspiration from, where it was considered rude for a woman to show her legs. It is cultural additions like this that add character to the model.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/Sisters%20of%20Battle/DSCF0121.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/Sisters%20of%20Battle/DSCF0122.jpg

And here is her head. Note her hair style and also that she is more along the lines of a Space Marine in that she has soft armour and a lot of head gear. The head needs a little work, like more work on the hair, detailing on her head gear and her communication device, which needs a mic head.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/Sisters%20of%20Battle/SisterHeadWIP.jpg

And yes, in tune with the Witch Hunter theme she will be doused in purity seals.

Anyways, look out for updates.

Heh, nice to see that I'm not the only one thinking in the lines of combining Sororitas and Black Templars.

Have been churning my little grays over how to include something that would looks like sisters of battle, while at the same time dodge my hatred of metal figures.

(Yes, they have, in general, a better level of detail, but I just plain don't like them.)

Will be nice to see that one finished.

This would be a bad time to tell you the majority of the Templars were French, wouldn't it?

Nice conversion, though. ;)

Yeah, I just looked up on that. Still, as I said; the more English she is and the less French she is, the larger the chance she has of winning some battles. ;)

Looks good. And although it has a very nice comic-styler to it, you do realize that her waist is the same size as her head.

Yeah, I am still working on the waist. I am still trying to figure out ways of making it look akin to that of the waist of a Space Marine's power armour. Currently I am playing around with guitar string to try and get the desired effect.

are you going to play them with codex space marines or codex sisters?

Well this is more of a display piece, but if I ever did play a army she would probably be under Witch Hunter rules. I do not wish to play humans with super human rules. Plus Battle Sisters have their own nifty special rules which would be a shame to pass out on.

Fantastic attempt at a female marine (be it a sister of battle or not).

this is the way i feel they should look.

im kinda tired of seeing "boob marines" or having breasts as an identifying trait that theyre female.

it looks good as a base concept and i can see its only gonna get better.

This model is in no way a Female Space Marine. She is still a human in power armour. Though it is more obvious that she is human from my marines as their all true scale, but still. Though I suppose at a GW marine scale she might just pull off as a Female Marine, be it a slightly less bulky and shorter one.

Thanks.

I am also further considering a full squad with transport if possible. I also got a few suggestions for a little humour on The Tyranid Hive based around the dress robe traditions. For example, a Battle Sister trying to step out of the cupola of a tank whilst holding her dress robe down to stop it running up her leg. Though I won't go over board with this kind of stuff.

im kinda tired of seeing "boob marines" or having breasts as an identifying trait that theyre female.

it looks good as a base concept and i can see its only gonna get better.

i always find that as further proof of what there trying to pull off. working alongside with real female marines, i know they dont have ginormous chest's, and they wear the same body armor we do, no boob plateing installed.

its a very good model, unique enough that i would enjoy seeing a company of them on the battlefeild (not so much if im against them)

Very nice!

I to am getting tired of Females=Boobs!

Just because it is one great way to tell the difference its not hard to tell on these Sororitas!

Also I think the Black Templars=the true loyalist space marines, is a little self centered wouldn't you?

using the hair as the identifying factor that this is a female gives you a much wider range of custimization. I like how she has her hair done short and tight, that way in battle it cant get cought. im sure it wasnt as easy as the alternitive of simply long hair, but its better to do harder things, simply because its more challenging.

Archived