Sisters of Battle Modified Design

Sure, but I have no idea where my greenstuff is so it really won't look the same until I find it..

Parts list:

Bald daemonette head.

Eldar guardian female torso, arms, and the little backpack flutes.

New style bolter (as opposed to the lunchbox style)

Dark Eldar warrior legs (they look the most feminine)

Assemble as normal, but, the backpack flutes, I turn those so that they are laying flat against her back, the points sticking out, making it look like its some kind of frame to hold stuff. Then I just cut off the shuriken gun, put in the bolter, and use the support arm to either hold the top of the bolter or a grenade (the hand is just a bit too small to properly hold the bottom of it)

Thanks for the comparison, I love how well you balanced feminine and practical, and even next to the regular marines it shows, I'm sure there's great constrast between the true-scaled marine and her. All I can say is great job, I would play sisters if they looked like that (and were plastic, too :P)

They do look a tad too eldary.

Now for my own Sister; I have added new shoulder pads.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/Sisters%20of%20Battle/DSCF0215.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/Sisters%20of%20Battle/DSCF0216.jpg

And here is a size comparison with a Traitor Stormtrooper and a WIP True Scale Chaos Marine

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k156/Terrible_Trygon/Sisters%20of%20Battle/DSCF0214.jpg

The model looks fantastic, rugged and ready to smite the unrighteous! If only those silly female space marine people would use a design like this, it looks awesome, heaps better than a corset and bra.

I always wondered about the battlesister armour, that it seemed (even taking into account the difference of the wearers) a lot less bulky than power armour. I wouldn't say it bothered me however, I do love the look of sisters. It seems unlikely that sisters power armour would be more advanced being able to offer the same protection for much less bulk so in the end I figured that the Sisters Power armour offers a bit less protection than marine power armour but not enough to jusitfy a 4+, and chalked it down to the inherent limitations of the d6 system.

Personally I prefer the official sisters to your interpretation but I do like yours. One thing though, this whole exercise was about making a more practical and realistic armour correct? But then, you put robes on them. Not exacttly the most practical or realistic thing to wear on the battlefield :P. Still, it looks cool, and it does look like it offers more protection.

Nice work on the chaos skull on that base, i bet that would have been a pain, and the truescale chaos marine is excellent.

I LOVE it this is a great conversion! are those legs by any chance taken form the dark angles sprue? sorry if I'm asking a question thats already been answered D: but I really do love this, its a great concept and I think its great!

Well, the robes are there because the Sisters of Battle are still Nuns in Space. So the robes keep this theme alive to some extent. I'd imagine them as being loose enough to walk in. I mean, Dark Angels have them and they get around fine.

and to hide their thongs of course

Archived