Imperial Fists Terminators

Vash113

Some Imperial Fists Termies of mine from the AoBR set, Lysander, Chaplain and Librarian. The scheme came out alright, looks darker in the pics than it does in person and it's the scheme I'll be using for my IF 3rd Company when I get around to stripping and repainting my 65+ model Blood Ravens army.

Characters Front:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Vash113/IMG_0484-1.jpg

Characters Back:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Vash113/IMG_0485-1.jpg

Terminators:

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Vash113/IMG_0483-1.jpg

Yellow is a real pain, but I think it came out decently enough. Whatcha guys think?

I've not worked with the washes yet, but I think if you put a chestnut/yellowish wash on the termies and drybrush your yellow back on they will POP and look great on the table.

I'm not a big fan of the green ring on the base. Maybe do a dark brown to mix in with the sand, I do like it better than leaving it black though.

@Brother of the Temple

-Yea like the GK some washes would help. The green bases are just the classic look, though I may get around to painting the rims a different color.

@cathar the great

-You mean edging highlights? I've tried that some but it's tedious and with yellow not easy, though I guess I could experiment some.

@aNex88

-Glad you like the yellow but yea it needs some depth to bring the detail out. Interresting point about the scrollwork, I was trying to make it very clean as fixing black on yellow is difficult, guess I could go over the details again and give them a little more wave and variation.

Yellow is a pain in the ass, and it all depends on your undercoat. If you're starting with black then invest in the yellow foundation paint, do a quick coat of that first and then a couple thinned coats of yellow, wash of sepia and then go over the raised areas with the yellow again. The main key to yellow is lots of really thin coats. That pretty much the only way that you are going to get good coverage.

Yellow is a pain in the ass, and it all depends on your undercoat. If you're starting with black then invest in the yellow foundation paint, do a quick coat of that first and then a couple thinned coats of yellow, wash of sepia and then go over the raised areas with the yellow again. The main key to yellow is lots of really thin coats. That pretty much the only way that you are going to get good coverage.

Yea I noticed, the Termies are sort of a test and I just decided to highlight with bad moon yellow and it worked alright, so the scheme comes down too:

1-2 coats of Foundation Iyanden Darksun

2-3 coats of Golden Yellow

1 highlight coat of Bad Moon Yellow.

Archived