PROJECT PERTURABO - DAEMON PRIMARCH

Commander Skaav

Having watched this from the beginning on, I have to say Good Job!

I like it very much

really cool. i think its one of the best iron warriors models ive ever seen.

the painting is all well and good, but that doesn't scream daemon primarch to me, more like modified soulgrinder on war-oids.

Many thanks for the message. :D ^_^ ;)

I have said in past posts, that the model is only my interpretation of Perturabo, how it appears to others is a matter of opinion of which I respect.

:) (stunned silence.................)

That is an amazing piece of work.

I hope to enter it into this years UK Golden Daemon.

Very nice painting and conversion. It might just be me, but something about the cords/cables/wires seems sort of off though.

Apologies it's taken time to respond.

Thanks for the message though. :D :lol: ^_^

I plan to ansure the cables look much more akin to the model, I plan to use inks and the like to make them appear oil stained and dirt ridden. :D

I like it, really epic conversion!

For painting it all comes down to taste, I think the colors are a bit too muted.

I tend to like the mutilated and raw flesh look that you see on the Strogg in Quake.

But hey, I have issues

:D

:P it may be, but I'm happy to over look that, because I agree with you in regards to the Strogg.

I am going to lighten the flesh-tone a little, though I didn't plan the model to appear mutilated and raw as such, I mainly planned to work on the machine side of the model.

Thanks for posting all the same :D.

C-S.

:D :P ^_^

• 1 month later...

Images of what I hope is of the finished model...

THE MODEL IN GENERAL:

gallery_31111_3193_103.jpg

gallery_31111_3193_4394.jpg

gallery_31111_3193_109940.jpg

FACIAL DETAIL:

gallery_31111_3193_92099.jpg

gallery_31111_3193_175593.jpg

ARM MOUNTED WEAPONS DETAIL:

(twin linked heavy-bolter or flamer)

gallery_31111_3193_144664.jpg

(arm mounted custom heavy-bolter/kai gun)

gallery_31111_3193_28902.jpg

BASE DETAILS:

Mechanicus Logo:

gallery_31111_3193_274510.jpg

Fallen PDF Guardsman

gallery_31111_3193_274073.jpg

Biel-Tan Craftworld Eldar Helmet

gallery_31111_3193_246863.jpg

Imperial Fists Chapter Mk7 and Sisters of Battle helmets

gallery_31111_3193_161634.jpg

Nurgle Chaos Space Marine helmet

gallery_31111_3193_248841.jpg

Ultramarine Mk6 helmet

gallery_31111_3193_188382.jpg

he's so big :P

I think it's a better scale, yes the 40K daemon princes are big, but not BIG, they're to an extent the wrong scale to miniatures, I wanted to create something that would give perhaps something like a Grey Knight "a run for his money" as it were, as I have seen art work where the Daemon Prince towers over the Chaos Marines, practically like the 40K equivalent of a Warhammer Giant, rather than an oversized Marine, plus this is also my vision of a Daemon Primarch too. :D :drool: :D

• 2 weeks later...

Have managed to find some rules to use the model as Perturabo, although the upcoming Apocalypse game will be with my Ork army (we've already arranged it), but not long after that game, I intend to take a break from my Ork army, and return to the greatest 1st founding legion ever!

Which in my opinion is that of the Iron Warriors! Others may of course disagree, but that might be a completely new topic that I might post in the future, or if I can find one, I'll post on that topic. :D :D :)

it's good, just....something about it, maybe it's that awkwardly placed pipe that I can't help but think looks like it going up his rectum

great paint job though, and the head looks really cool : )

Every one picks up on the pipe...

Ok, time to clear something up... I tried to drill up through the legs, but they are weren't strong enough to support the weight, even with the Green-Stuff. I had no choice but to use the pipe to disguise the metal rod that causes him to do an impersonation of the Medieval English monarch Edward II (and if you know your British history, you know what I'm talking about! B)) The attempts at drilling into the legs was a complete failure, I had no choice but to support him in this manner, how ever unfortunate it appears to be. Thus the results you see here.

Oo-kay... that's got that off my chest, "relief all round".

• 2 weeks later...

VERY BRIEF UPDATE:

Just noting that I've noticed a few little items that need to be looked at on the model, so I may be posting updated images soon, with the minor repairs and improvements.

Keep an eye out for further updates in this topic thread.

Cheers.

Skaav.

:confused: (stunned silence.................)

That is an amazing piece of work.

I hope to enter it into this years UK Golden Daemon.

Dude I am so going to watch you enter and win!

Archived