blood angels dreadnought

Havokas

hey new to bolter and chainsword, thought id share my new and first blood angels dread. im just new to blood angels so any tips or comments would be nice. so far ive got this guy a tactical squad and the assult on black reach box.

could sombody tell me the rules about upgrading a dreadnought to be a death company one? dose it have to be furiso

going to finish my tatical squad soonish.

*edit* replaced links with photobucket

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/Garner90/BAdread1.jpg

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/Garner90/BAdread2.jpg

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv225/Garner90/BAdread3.jpg

tell me what you think, or what i should add to my army.

EDIT: removed links as OP has fixed his IMG tags

Nice dread btw ;) just saw this while going through the CMON's newest submissions ;)

Also, I like your paintscheme; in fact I like it so much that I'm gonna do my vendread with black-red halved colors too, so I could represent a simple vendread or a VDCF ;)

Is there a 'wing' painted beside the blood drop on his right torso?

Cheers!

EDIT: Oh, and welcome to B&C ;)

Also, one has to be a Furioso to be a DC dread, as per entry in our codex

hey thanks for the help Baal Dropout, ven dread with that sort of paint split would look awsome. only thing i regert on this model is not having magnets on the main weapon so i can swap it out. so im making another dread with multimelter, probly not going to look as good as this guy i need to speed up. :D

and thats not a wing painted on the chestplate its just the texture on the model and an odd turnout after a light drybrushing with boltgun metal

i fixed the links from photobucket

and thats not a wing painted on the chestplate its just the texture on the model and an odd turnout after a light drybrushing with boltgun metal

Meh, an odd thing it turned out indeed, it's even at the right spot ;)

now im tempted to go over that and turn it into wings, but i wouldent know how to... cant do those or capes yet

• 4 weeks later...
hey not shure if this is the place to be asking but the close combat arm on my dread is like a drill? i read somewhere that it acutaly had a name so im thinking dose it actually have any rules? like in imperial armour or whatever? im fairly new to the game just not painting.

Very nice work! I also like the weapon loadout and the snow on the base contrasts nicely with the red. As for the rules for an assault drill I think it gains 1d6 AP vs fortifications and may use the Heavy Flamer on the occupants, I just can't remember where I read it. Hopefully someone will know.

hey i found out what the assult drill's rules are, if the assult drill manages to penetrate a fortification the flamer can be used on the ocupants with an automatic hit on all inside. its extra powerful but i cant find teh stats right now.

its meckrite red foundation paint then red gore i belive, been a while and those are very similar colours lol then the highlight was a mixed one with blazing orange and other reds.

ive recently done another dread, the one from assult on black reach so its nothing special and hasent been based yet but it looks ok. kinda rushing paintjobs lately so i can actualy play a game so quality suffering a tad but its acceptable. expecially seeing as i plan to get the blood angels army churned out then do an eldar or tyranid force very nicely painted, if i go nids id probly do that varnish wash over bone and red tyranids. looks great

might post that other dreadnought sometime later this week

Archived