An Ethical Question on deception

MechSpacewulf

I would have said "Thanks, but no thanks", gotten up and walked around asking other people for a game.

If he complained, I would have told him why I'm never gonna play with him again, and if he persists, ignore him.

The one annoying gamer I've came across told me to make my attacks with my Striking Scorpions, I did, tried to assault with my Harlequins, when he told me I couldn't, because I'd already attacked with my Scorpions.

Needless to say, I was pissed off, but if something like that happened again, I'd quit the game and walk away.

when i was getting back into 40k, i let my opponent write my list for what was supposed to be a friendly game, he gave me tiggarus...which is fine but having never used psykers under 5th rules i obviously didnt understand all the details...

Anyway in game i shot with his pistol, and instead of warning me, he waited til i was finished then started wooping because i now wasnt allowed to use his psychic powers to kill the guys i was about to charge and promptly got smacked in CC.....

Needless to say i wasnt too impressed!!

GC08

I play for laughs n giggles ......... like my latest venture of daemons in our club competition even though i had never really used them before . although its good to win i don't want to really play competitive so under constant persuasion from my fellow gamers i borrowed one of my sons armies, which hasn't really been used - he just liked the look of deamons - and put them out. deepstriking everything ....... that can be fun ....... especially if the whole army were to die from the deepstrike mishap.

i let my opponent write my list

Don't...EVER...Do that again...

Yeah that was mistake number one of many....

when a guy offers to teach you the new rules, you expect it to be a casual game, not an ego-boosting exercise against a noob...

GC08

I mean there isn't anything wrong in letting a friend build you a list to help you get back into the hobby. As long as they then coach you through it and let you know what all the units do. It is supreme faggotry to proceed to annihilate you instead and let you stumble about in the figurative darkness. Tigurius is a very hard special character to use for a noob thats for sure!

Archived