Which Chaos Legion would you want released first?

Tyron

Greetings,

Let us pretend for one moment that someone is making a Codex for each Chaos Legion. However, they want to know which one the community feels should be released first and this is your chance to decide who comes first.

If you can post which one Legion from the original 9 you wish to be brought out first that would be great.

Discussions welcome.

Iron Warriors of course, it the only ture chaos Legion ;) ;) Not that I'm a bit of a big IW player or I want to see a spure for each legion mainly IW spure as it would be cool.

Just be cool to see more background like the current codexies have been showing & be cool to see new art work & a specil ch.

Also more Obliterators, you can never have enough Oblits, no chaos legion can :D

IP

I think the best way for them to do the traitor legions is with 1 large codex that covers them all, or one codex for the 4 god specific legions and 1 for the 5 undivided legions. If they were given individual codexes, I think they should release the major cult legions first, in order of popularity. So maybe World Eaters, Death Guard, Emperor's Children, and then Thousand Sons.

to make a legion list without a stand alone codex you need 2 pages , 3 if you also want to give them a "special" character.

I wouldnt like to see cult legions first because their list would have to be very powerful to have a different game play then what you can more or less do with a BL list .

But a demon/csm list with WB or a infiltrate/ouflank AL list would be interesting.

I say they should release duo codexes so we dont have to deal with 8 fresh codexes, rather then 4.

Alpha Legion+Iron Warriors, both of those lost the most when the new codex came out. Both had to ditch entire units and vehicles or field new armies/apocalypse forces to field them.

After that I say Night Lords and Word Bearers.

I think if such codex's (plural?!) are to be released they would release 2:

1 for the Cult legions - Death Guard/Nurgle, World Eaters/Khorne, Emperor's Children/Slaanesh, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch

and 1 for the remaining undivided legions - Black Legion, Alpha Legion, Night Lords, Word Bearers, Iron Warriors

They would make sense - saves releasing 9!

I really hope they do this!!! :D

Talk about daydreaming Oo;

Though you'll probably get a Legion section the next update again. In 2-3 years time.

I wouldn't hope too much for a Legion specific update.

Not that i would mind. It would be fun to field something fluffily specific for BL or to see some unique things for the other Legions but it's superdoubtful, let alone for 1 Legion.

A lot of major Chapters don't even get that treatment and they're posterboys of GW.

Alpha Legion+Iron Warriors, both of those lost the most when the new codex came out. Both had to ditch entire units and vehicles or field new armies/apocalypse forces to field them.

Emperor's Children lost waaaay more, and I'm saying that as an IW player.

Sonic Dreads NO

Sonic Havocs NO

Daemonettes and Keeper of Secrets DOUBLE NO

Any Noise Marine Squad with duo Doomblasters NO

Any vehicle with sonic upgrades NO

Their lists got slayed. Anyways I say World Eaters, I would actually go back to playing them if they got Rhinos with assault ramps as a special vehicle option.

Emperor's Children lost waaaay more, and I'm saying that as an IW player.

Sonic Dreads NO

Sonic Havocs NO

Daemonettes and Keeper of Secrets DOUBLE NO

Any Noise Marine Squad with duo Doomblasters NO

Any vehicle with sonic upgrades NO

Their lists got slayed. Anyways I say World Eaters, I would actually go back to playing them if they got Rhinos with assault ramps as a special vehicle option.

You forgot Mounted Daemonettes (Seekers), Sonic Bikers and Sonic Terminators.

Pretty much all Legions, besides the Black Legion actually (IMO) got shafted very badly by the latest Codex. Iron Warriors and Night Lords tho not too badly now that I think about it.

Still I can't say I think a specific Legion deserves a Legion book more than any other. As such I'd like for either a combined Tome for all the Traitor Legions, or split up with one for the Undivided ones, and one for the Mono-God ones.

TDA

This is a tricky thread as it can very easily end up as "this is my favourite legion, so it should be released first." - and although that makes obvious financial sense, perhaps the question ought to be - which would benefit the hobby/the game the most? Those are the ones that should be released first, I guess.

That said, if you were going to do "twin legions" like Child-of-the-Emperor suggested, I think an obvious paring would be Word Bearers/Alpha Legion as both use cults, and are often rivals - a lot could be done with such a Codex.

I do think that Renegades ought not to be neglected, though!

Archived