Whirlwind or Vindicator

rcm2216

Given today's power builds are Horde and Elite based which following Space Marine Heavy support would be better in a tournament setting within an all comer's Marine list as a heavy support option:

The Vindicator or Whirlwind

Which is more viable?

Which would cause the most distraction?

To rephrase everyone else, it depends on your army, and what you feel you need. Both vehicles are great, but fill COMPLETELY different rolls. If you give us what is in your army, and how many points you have to spend, we'll be able to give you good feedback.

If you are playing an agressive army Vindi all the way. In a sit back and shoot army though a big gun with a 24" range has no real place.

Which would cause the most distraction

As has been said Vindi, it is such a threat to ANYTHING that most opponents would cut off their right nut to see it dissapear.

Personally I would take the vindi any day, but I play an agressive rhino squad based army, and 1) need a big gun and 2) need something to take the heat off my rhinos, both these things the vindi does with aplomb.

I'll speak up on behalf of the whirlwind...

Less fear of it often means more firing time. For a bargain and some good luck and ranging, this is a reliable source of downfield firepower. As long as you have other units that can take the heat, then it's a fair source of continual damage. Remember that your opponents' scoring units are troops, and the ability to keep hitting them round after round when you range the objective they are sitting in can often tip a match in your favor.

Cheers.

Archived