Shrike counts as for BA

Maddog176

G'day and welcome to the wonderful land of Red Smurfs. Now don't get confused this won't just be a BA commander acting as a, o who am i trying to kid off course it will be :D . Anyway as you can guess i am a bit of a toss but more importanally i am asking for your opion's on my Shrike Counts as for use in my Blood Angels army (when useing the basic codex that is). Well i suppose some pics would be a good idea

med_gallery_30018_1642_35874.jpg

and his arse view

med_gallery_30018_1642_270066.jpg

Basically i am wondering if you all feel this "comandary" enough. I am also looking for ideas on how to make his back pack and back in general a little more ornate with out greenstuff, i am not any good with it. After that i suppose i will have to slap some paint on it, what may take awhile if i know myself.

btw my spell check doesn't work so i am sorry about the spelling errors.

Thanks all and yeah now you all say it he deffentally needs a bigger base, he is actually the first character i have made that isn't on a big base mainly because of 5th ed and the new LOS and all that.

As for the Tabards he is the only one so far in my BA army, well besides a squad of 5 Librarians i made for fun who all have tabards, and the reasion for buying the BT upgrade box.

Nothing says 'I'm the shiznit' like a 44mm base :)

I also think raising him up would be a plan, might make his power claws seem less cumbersome, throw a body under him that looks like Wolverine had a go at it

Laurels also look good on Blood Angels, or a wing mounted on the Chapter Symbol pad... really depends on your bits access...

Overall I dig him, especially the helmet (Not only is it a SM HQ with a helmet on, it's a cool MkIV variant)

Keep it up my Baal Homie ^.^

Usi :o

I think that 2 things would make this mini stand out a lot more.

1) Give him a cooler looking jump pack (like one of the vanguard ones, or Dante's or something a bit more ornate)

2) give him a more scenic base.

Other than that, this is going to be a nice mini.

Commanders NEED capes. Otherwise they aren't commanders in my mind. Capes really bulk out the model and just give him more authroity on the tabletop (both figuratively and literally).

but a cape could ruin it's day when using it's jumppack;)

how about one of those grey knight shouldershields?

Here is a update on him, as i did some more work on him today. Basically all i did was add a more dynamic base amd some flame looking stuff i hope to the jet pack. And yes D35tr0y3r we have a beef citizen here on the b&c :P . Anyway here are the pics. I should start painting tomorrow, either him or some tactical marines i hope.

med_gallery_30018_1642_321564.jpg

med_gallery_30018_1642_131340.jpg

Yeah he will stand out and one marine above them all :P . It sucks now because technically you can see him even behind a rhino, but i hope most people will realise he should be the same hight as the rest of the assault marines around him. Lucky he has his helmet on then seeing as anyone will be able to see him ;)

Fingured i might give anyone who cared a update on whats happening, so basically just me who is interested but i will read it ;) . Anyway i undercoated it today and found a heap of errors so had to fix it up and sand some bits back delaying it my painting. So hopefully i will start painting him tomorrow with some pictures so you can all help with advice on ways to improve my limited painting skills.

• 4 months later...

Some threadmancy happening here, but it is my thread so i think its ok. Anyway after a break from 40k i finally got back in and painted this guy finally. Not the best paint job in the world by along shot, but i am happy enough. Camera work isn't too good but o well.

med_gallery_30018_1642_99487.jpg

med_gallery_30018_1642_175869.jpg

med_gallery_30018_1642_431937.jpg

Any advice would be great.

Looks good. I always like to see other Chapters takes on the Smurf Council, uh Ultramarines Charecters. Not sure about the inside side of the ruins on his base. Look rather empty. Might pay to add some rubble or something, although that might make it look to busy. All round, good looking Shrike.

Archived