first 5 scouts

Havokas

i just picked up my first box of scouts, not going for scout snipers (at least not yet) and i need to know whats the best way to equip these guys, taking into consideration they are probly staying at 5 man squad with sargent for at least a while. i have read a bit about spliting 50/50 with shotguns and close combat gear but should i bother with 5 or just equip them all with shotguns. and i do want to keep the heavy bolter option they have just for firesupport and some range ;)

my army so far consists of the assult on black reach box and a tac squad with flamer and missle launcher, and another dread (the other being in the aobr box) with assult cannon and flamer

any suggestions would be awsome for how i should equip the 5 man scout squad or what i should be adding to my army to bring it up to at least 1500

Mix the shotguns and cc/bp as said. Whatever mix you feel comfortable with. On the charge, shotguns effectively give you an I11 attack & can force an extra save, which is more useful against opponents who will shred your Scouts in cc (banshees, 'stealers, clowns, or other things you may have to charge).

The Scout Biker box comes with a 1-hand shotgun arm for those who want to put a pfist on the Sergeant.

5 Scouts may be enough if you want a LS Storm.

I always carry spares of everything as they can be used in a number of different ways...

50/50 shotties to ccw is an all round effective choice as you maximise both pre assault shooting and actual attacks..

Against a high Initiative low armour opponent like eldar id use more shotties and in an LSS id use all shotties for drive by mayhem ;)

I always tend to put combi-weapons on the sergeants too...

GC08

Archived