Land Raider Redeemer?

lucifer light bearer

What do people think of Redeemers? They seem to me like they'd be good on paper, but when I think about the bulk of a land raider the flamers would never really be able to hit the same target, and the assault cannon would have a hard time too. that said I like the idea of them, I just don't want to fork over $50 on a worthless machine.

You are right that its rare to get both flamers on the same target, but with the machine spirit going on its not a big problem, one flamestorm and the assult cannon (which is on a turret so doesnt have real issues) target one unit, and the machine spirit fires the other flamestorm at a different unit.

Note: this is not personal experience as I dont own a land raider of any sort yet, but I do chat with vetrens on a regular bases and trust their information.

Looks like the consensus of most people is that the Redeemer is worth the points and should be taken if you can quite afford a standard Godhammer Land Raider yet don't need the cargo capacity of a Crusader. All in all, a good buy.

From my point of view, I can field any of the three above choices form one model kit, with the use of magnets and a single upgrade kit; makes my choice easier as to which one I field.

SJ

Personally, I really love the Flamestorm Cannon. At strength 6, it wounds most MEQs on 2+, and it also ignores both their armor AND cover saves.

This basically means that whatever MEQ you catch in that template IS going to die. Put a bunch of vanguard or assault terminators + a proper character into the redeemer, and you got yourself a killing machine.

The only problem is if you run into a lot of tank-killing stuff. In that case you might have your redeemer immobilized or destroyed far away from the enemy, and then your beautiful flamestorm cannons become very much useless, but hey, that's a risk you accept when you pick a short range tank (granted, it still got its assault cannon and any additional weapon you take).

Archived