Any opinions on the 6 dread list?

tedwin183

A Defiler is actually pretty rubbish in close combat, being WS 3, so you can quite easily smash them with a counter charge from your own Dreads and your powerfists are more likely to hit etc.

I'm never too worried about WS3 compared to the I3, when you're fighting other Dreadnoughts or some MCs, a vehicle striking 2nd is usually a dead vehicle.

The nice thing with Defilers in HtH is the sheer number of attacks they can get, up to 6 on the charge and against most units you'll be hitting 50% of the time, just like a Dreadnought.

Of course a Defiler can also pack a TL Heavy Flamer which makes a mockery of anything not in Power or Terminator armor.

As for which weapons to pick for your Dreadnought, the safest choices are the TL Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher as both can be fired at other Dreadnoughts and have a nice big 0% chance to do anything.

The Plasma Cannon is also somewhat viable, as the worst it can do against other walkers is 2 S7 blasts.

The TL AutoCannon, LasCannon or Multi-Melta are all too good at killing other vehicles so they're probably not the best bet.

A Defiler is actually pretty rubbish in close combat, being WS 3, so you can quite easily smash them with a counter charge from your own Dreads and your powerfists are more likely to hit etc.

I'm never too worried about WS3 compared to the I3, when you're fighting other Dreadnoughts or some MCs, a vehicle striking 2nd is usually a dead vehicle.

The nice thing with Defilers in HtH is the sheer number of attacks they can get, up to 6 on the charge and against most units you'll be hitting 50% of the time, just like a Dreadnought.

Of course a Defiler can also pack a TL Heavy Flamer which makes a mockery of anything not in Power or Terminator armor.

As for which weapons to pick for your Dreadnought, the safest choices are the TL Heavy Bolter and Missile Launcher as both can be fired at other Dreadnoughts and have a nice big 0% chance to do anything.

The Plasma Cannon is also somewhat viable, as the worst it can do against other walkers is 2 S7 blasts.

The TL AutoCannon, LasCannon or Multi-Melta are all too good at killing other vehicles so they're probably not the best bet.

Yeah, the lower initiative sucks big time, especially combined with everyone hitting on 3s meaning you are often looking at 2+ penetrates from even a standard Dreadnought! Think we both agree on this one!

Defilers are pretty good, though I would prioritise Dreads over them first. Usually, except when involved in a shooting match of course.

Whats really silly is Blood Angels special characters and Dread.

Dante : -1 ws for all enemies in 6", all allies in 12" get reroll

Corbulo : Furious charge to all allies in 12"

Death Company Furioso dread : 2 base + 1 extra cc weapon + 1 charge +d3(death co) = 4-7 attacks

4-7 attacks hitting on 3's (unless your target is ws5+) re rolling, at str 10. Ridiculous!

So say average of 6 attacks, gives 5.34 hits of str 10 goodness. Nob bikers what?

Apart from Shrike's abilities, Dreads really do benefit from Pedro's +1 attack (that's 4 WS5 attacks from a Venerable or 5 from an Iron Clad on the charge!) and the re-roling flamer/melta weapons is mean! (no combat tactics so no fleeting from Shrike unfortunatly).

Blood Angels Dreads are awesome, but you can't get more than 3 can you? If I collected them I would definitely have at least 2 Venerable Deathcompany Dreads standard!

Archived