Emperor's Champion

Mealstorm

So I've been trying to paint up my Emperor's Champ for a while, and I just wanted to post him up in here and see if I could get some comments on him. I still have to do his backpack and stuff.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/Mealstrom87/DSCN0019.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/Mealstrom87/DSCN0020.jpg

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc175/Mealstrom87/DSCN0021.jpg

So what do you think? And I'm sorry if there seems to be a lack of detail. My camera isn't the best although I do think it looks pretty decent.

I like the highlighting, it looks like the armor is worn and aged :P

my suggestion is a few more coats of white on his shoulder, it seems patchy. As for the sword, is that greyish color in the sword or places where the black didn't cover?

i like the robes, they look aged and worn :) the gold looks great to me, it looks realistic IMHO.

the only real negative i see in your pictures is the chicago bears cup. But coming from a Detroit Lions fan such as myself, I have no room to talk HAHAHAHAH! :D

I like the highlighting, it looks like the armor is worn and aged -_-

my suggestion is a few more coats of white on his shoulder, it seems patchy. As for the sword, is that greyish color in the sword or places where the black didn't cover?

i like the robes, they look aged and worn :) the gold looks great to me, it looks realistic IMHO.

the only real negative i see in your pictures is the chicago bears cup. But coming from a Detroit Lions fan such as myself, I have no room to talk HAHAHAHAH! :rolleyes:

Hehe I have to admit I am a Bears fan, from since I was just a little kid :)

The grey-blue on the sword is actually the words which are inscribed onto the sword I wanted them to be kind of picked out but half faded at the same time since The Black Sword is a relic and very old. The actual grey along the edges was placed there kind of as a sign of ware, think maybe I should just get rid of it and go with solid black?

The white on the shoulder had a black ink wash done on it, giving it the patchy feel, I'm still on the fence of whether I like it or not. And trying to get stupid decals to stick is just frustrating :(

I like the highlighting, it looks like the armor is worn and aged :)

the only real negative i see in your pictures is the chicago bears cup. But coming from a Detroit Lions fan such as myself, I have no room to talk HAHAHAHAH! :D

Hehe I have to admit I am a Bears fan, from since I was just a little kid :)

The grey-blue on the sword is actually the words which are inscribed onto the sword I wanted them to be kind of picked out but half faded at the same time since The Black Sword is a relic and very old. The actual grey along the edges was placed there kind of as a sign of ware, think maybe I should just get rid of it and go with solid black?

The white on the shoulder had a black ink wash done on it, giving it the patchy feel, I'm still on the fence of whether I like it or not. And trying to get stupid decals to stick is just frustrating :(

Though I am sure there is help somewhere on here about how to do decals, I find that a cut in the four corners from the centre (not into the black) outwards helps as it rids the air getting trapped.

I will have to get round to getting my EC pics on here at some time, he still needs those final touches but dont want to over do the egg kind of thing. <_<

Looking good so far! I'd have to concur about putting some more time into the white shoulder. Make sure you're thinning your white with water. I know it sounds crazy because white is already very thin, but the water will allow it to cover better as you paint. Make sure to be patient and let it dry before the next coat. And instead of black wash, if you're looking to make the white stand out better you can try A) basecoating with a grey ( I use astronomican grey ) and leaving a little showing along the edges or :blink: line-in some shadow grey. Anyways, keep up the good work! :D

-Reaver

maelstrom, i think it would be better if you painted the BT logo on, and even better if you made it a lil old looking, like scraped and what not, looking like the champion has been through war. you could draw the cross with a pencil and then paint it and then age it with some scrapes of silver color like people do with tanks.

as for the sword, i actually thought you were making the letters picked out and thus making the sword aged, but i wasn't sure if that was the case. I actually like the look of it personally, and glad to hear that was your intention. It definately has that aged look.

as for the bears, well what can I say :sick: but not as bad as those packers, YUCK

I think you are doing a good job so far. I really like the paint job on the sword . I as well think the shoulder pad needs smoothing out a bit, and definatly a cross on it. A must thing if left white , a crummy one or painted one . It will fill in and not make the white look as patchy. If not happy with that ,try putting a couple more Crusader seals and script on the shoulder to help hide the white a bit . Or go gold if you are so daring. Good luck.

Archived