Codex CSM Mysteries

Lothar_Bubonicus

To clarify, Oblits are the corrupted Techmarines of the former legions.

According to fluff there are many ways oblits are made.

IW IA, Iron Warriors were growing weapons out of their flesh, like mini obliterators. The IWs also used a techno virus to infect things to make them obiterators. Prime targets- tech marines and adeptus mechanicus.

3.5 codex: It was spending to much time in the warp.

New one: I think... corrupted tech marines, not sure.

Multi meltas: In storm of iron they use a portable one to blast open a fortification. Not 100% sure but weren't they in the 3.5 codex?

Dark Mechanacus

What have they been doing since the end of the Heresy? Or can they only invent two fliers and one walker? Or are they only capable of copying STC designs?

Running chaos forge worlds. And inventing 2 flyers and a walker is a whole lot more than the Imperials have done. Think about it, what have they really done? They constantly change out the weapons on LRs, but they are still LRs. The Imperials have actually slowly been losing information on how to build things.

Fluff for oblits according to the new codex (Its open on my table now)- "Often Once techmarines", so not always I guess.

The new codex also states that some members of the Inquisition believe it to be a techno virus, however this theory dosn't really have any evidence, and opponents to the theory say that a virus that did that is impossible, and that it is "simple daemonic posession" in a lesser form.

there's also something of a mystery concerning the artwork in the Noise Marine entry. Is that supposed to be a Noise Champion? If so, why is he wielding a plasma pistol (an option not available to Noise Champions)? Or is it a Slaaneshi Lord, in which instance why is he clearly equipped with a Doom Siren, an option no longer available to Slaaneshi Lords? Hhmmmmm....

Fluff for oblits according to the new codex (Its open on my table now)- "Often Once techmarines", so not always I guess.

The new codex also states that some members of the Inquisition believe it to be a techno virus, however this theory dosn't really have any evidence, and opponents to the theory say that a virus that did that is impossible, and that it is "simple daemonic posession" in a lesser form.

According to BL there is an obliterator Virus. It turns people into Obliterators and unconnects Tyranid Hive ships from the Hive Mind.

there's also something of a mystery concerning the artwork in the Noise Marine entry. Is that supposed to be a Noise Champion? If so, why is he wielding a plasma pistol (an option not available to Noise Champions)? Or is it a Slaaneshi Lord, in which instance why is he clearly equipped with a Doom Siren, an option no longer available to Slaaneshi Lords? Hhmmmmm....

GW's studio team were being morons and used the old model from 3.5.

Archived