'Legion' cover Space Marine

This is my take on the Alpha Legion Marine on the cover of the book 'Legion.' This model is currently undergoing minor to moderate conversions. The whole model is stuck together with blutac to give you guys an idea of how the finished product will look. There are still quite a few things that need to be done to the model to complete it, later postings will follow.

Comments and constructive criticism is welcomed.

gallery_43052_3317_29949.jpg

i like the posing. you cut the gun-wielding arm above the elbow, and at the wrist to rotate it, im guessing? cause it looks that way at least. and the left foot looks like you cut it too. assault marine legs with minor conversion?

Looks cool so far, but I can't tell whether the right leg is in front of or behind the left one. If it's behind it's where it should be :P

Also I'd rotate the bolter hand more towards pointing straight up and down, right now he looks like he's trying to hold it sideways, where on the book cover he's just concerned about looking like a badass.

I am not going to deny that this guy looks like a badass, because he does(see below). If you look at the cover you can tell that the legs are pretty much where they should/and are going to be. In regards to the right arm, the swing and twist with the wrist was a bit less pronounced that I had originally thought.

Cry Havok - the right leg is behind. And I do agree with the bolter. It is just such a pain in the ass, because I already tried changing the bolter before I started with the green stuff and plasticard.

I will post more pictures as changes are being made. Thanks for all the comments.

gallery_43052_3317_24861.jpg

I did some work fixing the position of the arm to make it more representative of the book cover.

gallery_43052_3317_10191.jpg

I still don't know what torso I should use, either the heresy straps, khorne berserker, or custom made. I would also like to know how I can make the rope that is wrapped around the neck guard and that hangs down. If you guys have any ideas, please throw them my way.

What about the SM commander torso, like here?

Not quite the same, I know, but it does have the skull on the belt.

Minus the Aquila, I'd say its par for the par torso!

I agree with xa0s.

Although I have no right of speaking (repostioning limbs is hell). Personally I would try to fix the right leg once more.

At the moment it looks like he's stept into something and pulling up his foot to check what, instead of casually strolling.

Cudoes on your conversion so far BTW :tu:

I would also like to know how I can make the rope that is wrapped around the neck guard and that hangs down. If you guys have any ideas, please throw them my way.

Well I've done it once- I used two very thin metal wires and two pliers to hold them together on both ends, then I simply rotated one of the pliers and weaved the wires together into a "rope". I have no pictures so hopefully you get the idea. Good luck.

Panthur - what I'm using is blutac, it is used to hold posters on the wall without having to use thumb tacs and puts holes in them. You should be able to get it from any office supplies store.

ikik - I've still got a ways to go, I am going to redo the leg armor becuase it is too small and doesn't wrap around the back of the leg. Groin plate still needs to be done, as well as a torso. I am trying to get it as close to the cover as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

I have done some more work on the miniature, minor conversion work. Torso was filed smooth, small neck guard filled with greenstuff, as well as stomach cables to form plate. I drew the beginnings of the cablebox on the chest to get an idea of how things are going to be laid out. Leg guards were also re-done, made larger and more coverage on the side and back of legs.

gallery_43052_3317_2394.jpg

I also made one of the small medals on the right shoulder pauldron, picture is a little hard to see.

gallery_43052_3317_3961.jpg

Firstly, this is looking really good. However, Legion is one of the few HH books where the cover actually matches up to an event in the book (BotA and Mechanicum being the other two)

The Marine isn't a Marine. It's Omegon, pretending to be Alpharius on the walk from his lander to meet Narijumata (The Imperial Commander.) So he needs to be bigger. Much, much bigger.

Still, the concept is nice and it's looking good.

I haven't gotten around to reading 'Legion' yet, so I had no idea. Im in the process of reading 'Decent of Angels'. Trying to read the in order, finished reading 'Fulgrim' about 3 weeks ago. If I would have read the book and known that it was Omegon, then the miniature would not be as mini as originally thought.

I got the impression from the book that any Alpha Legion marine would try and pass as Alpharius. Surely, to do so, they would have to be of simular height? I'm not 100% certain though, I have a habit of speed-reading a new book, so don't don't take my word on it.

But then if the Alpha Legion are conniving and always up for infiltrating other Chapters, wouldn't obscene height be a point of suspicion for the ones sent off to do that? "Hey, aren't you a little tall for a Stormtrooper?"

I don't know. But I do know that the conversion work you've been doing here is ace, white_charisma.

Archived