'Legion' cover Space Marine

True Scaleing?....

After posing the model and looking at it I got to thinking, this is going to be a show piece so I might as well make it the best that I can. I am following this tutorial, LINK, and so far it has worked out great. I have completed the legs and I am almost finished with the torso. I'll update with pics when the torso and legs are finished and mocked up.

I looks realy good so far but I was wondering what you were going to do with the left hand? Right now the hand looks sort of odd because it is flat on top.

Are you also going to paint it it exactly like the art work or are you going to do something different?

the left leg is wrong it should be an mk6 (w/the points coming out on the leg like the shoulder pad.

I am either going to be greenstuffing some rivets on the greave or use pva glue to make them.

Are you also going to paint it it exactly like the art work or are you going to do something different?

I am going to try to get the paint scheme as close as I can to the cover of the book. I am also going to be adding two more medals to the shoulder pad, as well as the bolter round impacts.

Update, sorry about the double post. I am following the true-scale tutorial, here. I added on the leg guards, started filling in the legs where spacers were placed. The torso was filled in to make it smooth, also using greenstuff to fill in the stomach to make a solid plate. I cut off the small skull on the holstered pistol to be placed on the stomach plate. I took two pieces of solder and twisted them together to make a braid of rope.

gallery_43052_3317_10072.jpg

gallery_43052_3317_17936.jpg

gallery_43052_3317_32133.jpg

gallery_43052_3317_1578.jpg

Some small things still remain to be done, such as the elbow guards on both arms, the re-enforced plate on the left arm, the box and spike design on the chest needs to be done, rivets on the left leg, and belt pouches as well. I am still worried about the left hand though... any suggestions would be great.

Archived