My Ultra's

Exanimo

how did you do tha bases ??

I just take the standard bases with no sloth and then vile a few tile-like grooves in them.

Do note, i got two types of those bases... i use the one with the most relief on it.

I then glue on some sand here and there, then coat it black (helps the sand stay on).

After that i paint them Scorched Brown, then i use a spounge (actually one of the wife's makeup spounges) and carefully dab some Vermin brown on the base with a nearly dry spounge.

I do the same with some Bone white after that.

Lastly i add some grass and thats basicly it.

Read a tutorial for this over a year ago, not sure if i use the same recipe anymore but thats what it's based on anyway.

I like the minimalism of it.

• 1 month later...

My latest creation, a terminator Librarian with a stormshield... to be used with a Terminator squad with Thunderhammers and Stormshields.

Too be honest i got tired of painting it halfway through so i rushed it a bit but considering the time i spend on it (5 to 6 hours is my rough guess) i'm pretty content with it. <_<

Maybe i'll go back to it later....

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2685/libur.jpg

very nice..how did you paint them? :D

The Terminator squad you mean? Haven't painted those yet im afraid...

I got distracted by another project which is a Vanguard Veteran squad with jumppacks.

When those are assembled (waiting for last bits by mail) i'm going to try and paint the Terminators first but as i put them together the standard way (pretty static) im considering to dismantle them and remodel them a bit.

So far my idea of using greenstuff is filling gaps and to change the angle of arms and legs so dont expect much more then that ;)

Archived