First 2 of 5 SB

saadeath

These are the first two of my five sword bretheren. I tried a new style on the Power Weapon, hopefully it looks lightningly. Their bases are unfinished, cant decide on what to do. Dont know how well the quality is though, but any suggestions would help. So what do you think. I also had trouble getting the red on the big surfaces.

gallery_40492_3334_89346.jpg

I like the sword a lot, has a nice crisp look to it.

Red on larger areas is a problem because the GW reds are kinda poor quality, there's not enough pigment in their reds. So their red usuallytakes lots of thin layers. Best thing to do is get the mechrite red foundation paint and put that down before putting a lighter red on top which will help keep the primer layer from showing. (or put down a layer of white before doing the red as black primer is very hard to cover with GW reds) I do a mix of privateer press P3 brand reds and GW reds which helps it coat much better. Vallejo brand paints will also work, both they and P3 have more pigment in their composistion so they will cover better while using less paint. I run about a 50/50 mix with teh GW reds when I blend them. If you stick to just using the GW paint just build it up with lots of thin layers.

That said your reds look quite good, especially consdiering how much of a pain GW reds can be.

I really like the look of the sword! Perhaps if it's possible you can do the lightening pattern on the claws as well? I may just have to follow your lead on this Brother Saadeath.

My S-word brethren are next on my to do list as soon as my LRC is finished.

This guys are a pain to paint in my opinion... the Power sword SB took me about 3-4 hours to paint? i cant really judge, dont look at the time, i do know that they both took me about 2 days each to paint. Also im a slow painter :P

Nothing wrong with painting slowly, just take your time and enjoy. I would just recommend highlighting the black armor and robes. The eyes of the lightning claw marine seem too dark, maybe brighten them up. They look nice though, good work.

I really like the look of the sword! Perhaps if it's possible you can do the lightening pattern on the claws as well? I may just have to follow your lead on this Brother Saadeath.

My S-word brethren are next on my to do list as soon as my LRC is finished.

Maybe a suggestion on how to do the lightning on the claws? i posted a tutorial request on it awhile ago, not much respons on it thought. Not much flats on the claws, thats my problem.

Archived