The Lord Of Night, Inquisition War & HH artbook

Dràyhèn

So, a friend of mine is visiting gw this weekend, and asked if I needed something. I checked BL's sites for some interesting books to lay my hands upon that I haven't yet read. And I found these three. Now I'm asking you, do I want that artbook over those two or not? :D Are those two other worth reading? Is that art worth that price? Good, bad or something between?

it's a toss up between the HH Artbook and Lord of the Night in my opinion.

While the Inquisition War is a good read it gets a little strange around book 2 (and continues from there). Lord of the Night is one of the better novels in the Black Library array but be advised that on top of the artwork in the HH book, you also get (newer) fluff pieces from the Heresy and I still think it was money well spent, most of the artwork is amazing.

It's a though choice, they're all good in their own way. :D

My 2 Kraks

Depends on what you want really.

If you want to read one of the best BL novels out there that does not involve the standard 'armies killing armies' stuff, Lord of the Night is your friend.

But if you want to see some great Crusade and Heresy era artwork with a bit of text in between (it is an artbook after all) then you'd best get The Collected Visions.

The Inquisition War is a funny old book. Written when 40k was still young and a lot of current fluff was different or non existant, its age is starting to show. You'll enjoy reading it but you'll have a lot of 'wait a minute, that ain't right!'-moments.

So it all depends on what you're looking for.

Okey, so Inquisition War is an eliminated option :) Toss up between these two then, argh. I really don't know which I want more, that awesome Heresy art or some terror influenced Night Lord action, yarr. Guess I need to spend my money on both, I just can't choose the other :P

Thanks for the comments, that helped :)

Archived