Cool factor army.

Mutt-Man!

Alright I have a large skeleton force I'm re-do'ing that used to be Lost and the Damned. For reasons unknown to me, my poor force is scrapped within a month of being finished. I suppose games workshop consulted tzeentch and was told(tricked?) that their future held bad omens if such an army was allowed to exist. Being the "recruitment" force for chaos, I can't imagine why. Maybe we'll get too powerful and own the universe!

Fluff aside, I'm remodelling my force as I feel like it. And I am going for a cool factor army, disregarding the time involved. Tired of walking by them every day and kicking myself for not putting them to use. (all 512 of them) And being stubborn I dont want to use the imperial guard codex. Lots of work went into them already, and so I'll just treat them like a new army off ebay.

I'm heavily influenced by skeleton/hellish type stuff. Ghost Rider, Necromancers (from barious games), bone shamans, Diablo2 badguys, ghost stories, halloween and all that other good stuff.

So, any references to ~Really~ cool skeletons, artwork and otherwise you guys tell/show me?

I'm going with a few ideas of hellish burning skeletons. Dont know if I will add chains or armor, some models are already ablaze. I may have bloody skeletons with flesh recently melted away. Perhaps some pure black skeletons with laughing faces painted on them including the blood and gore. I want to do something that makes up for 2 years and the hundreds of hours lost in the army and make it real fantastic. I dont care which codex they will belong to. Hell it may just be the daemon codex for all I care. I want to bust out some nice mini's.

Weapons, scythes? Carrying balls of fire? Shooting arrows made from twisted entrails caked in boiling blood? I have no clue what I'm going to throw in, just whatever I feel like. Share whatever you got to inspire me back in the old and tragiclly short debut history project.

Any twisted images and links very much appreciated. Even if its not skeleton-like.

Here is my idea

A chaos Soc army is mostly destoried and he still has very little members of his once proud army. With remains still on the battle fields he cast a spell(alike to Rubric of Ahriman) and his army plus foes began to rise.

For model wise i say buys some csm and have them lead the dead into battle. Also you could have glowing eves on your guys. That my idea, Hope it helps.

Archived