Is Chaoszilla Viable?

minigun762

true line of sight means there is no way you can hide stealers , unless its a city fight hvy terrain . flamers being the weapon of choice for many armies .

in the 4th you could end with wounded carnifex and giving few pts away to the enemy , right now the fexs and tyrants are non scoring . units like lictors or raveners that were tricky to use , but worked well if you were skilled are dead now . in the 4th I could have sprinted with them or hide a lictor to take a table quarter or at least contest it , no such thing now . genestealers cant be played in teh optimal squad size anymore as rending got nerfed a lot , forcing people to run bigger squads [that are harder to hide , cost more etc and if your opponent sees even one he is blasting the whole unit ].

the death of the minimax gunline list , that while powerful was one of the best match ups for nids [nids made quick work of landspeeders/dreads/terminators and 5 man tacticals].

hmm what else ... ahh double lash killing the whole nidzilla idea unless you do some tricky stuff [like so you use lash .. ok so RAW wise .. now put them in the same formation 7" .. you turn takes 15min... if you cant do precislly it I call judge , if you go time I call judge that your stalling , no you cant use lash on a different target you already announced the target etc] and going total RAW.

with flash hooks they cost too much , without flesh hooks they die to csm/zerkers/pms in cover [and sw and BT etc etc] .

also when I think good tournament lvl nidzila I dont think 2 reaper swarm untis and max fexs . that was a noob army , that could only deal with gunline sm and nothing more . DE or eldar laught at it hard , as did chaos.

Hmm good point Jeske, I hadn't thought of most of them.

Without straying too far into Xeno territory, I believe that it might be possible to recreate such a list, just using different units.

My point is that while an old build may be obsolete, a reinvented one using the same basic idea still has potential.

It would seem though that alot of the weaknesses of the army are Tyranid specific, so its not that playing a Godzilla list is bad, but playing a Tyranid one may be. Maybe I'm looking too hard for positive information in an attempt to justify going with a Walker/MC heavy list.

But that brings up another point, at what point does a list go from Walker-heavy to a Chaoszilla list? Is it possible to do a balanced list with a focus on light/medium armor units?

well if there was a way[special character] to make either raveners or warriors troops , one could try to spam those and make a shoty counter list , right now the nids arent the army to beat at tournaments and for chaos players or orks its easy mode .

ah I forgot one more . kill points hit hard when you have to use troops [and everyone has to] an you dont have dead hard troops like nob bikers. more or less right now nids have all the bad sides of IG/Orks and Tau. weapon nerfs , no low ap guns to counter meq , True LoS sucks , army based around elite/hvy/fast choices in desing [nids were desing to be played as zilla ] , horde hurts when you play kill points .

If you play an apoc game at 3- 5K per side, Chaoszilla and Nidzilla really begins to shine.

Most Sm's can't compete with either, especially Nids. (No force organization is a beautiful thing if you want to run Nidzilla, especially since you can then run multiple Carnifexes, Exocrines, Haruspexes, Malefactors, Hierodules, Trygons, and Hierophants easily, if you have the models for it.){all are 5 wounds or MORE, if you load them up right.}

Add in the fact that the Warhound, should the SM have one, doesn't have a CC weapon is a plus. Hierophants and Scythed Hierodules rip Warhounds to shreds in CC.

Double that for Chaoszilla. SM's just can't put as many dreads on the board as Chaos can defilers AND dreads.

well i have quite an opposit xp with zylla nids . they work better the fewer the pts played. because your opponent has less hvy weapons less counter units and its generally harder for him to kill mulitple mulit wound units [specially if they get cover] . now apo is all about D weapons and while it is true that nids do better in apo then in normal games [mostlly because everything is scoring , no kill points etc] . But nids MC do better then dreads or defilers because they dont get one shoted [at least the ones that are used in normal lists] . a formation of defilers or dreads can be blown up in one turn . A pair of trygons wont [not only because they are borrowing].

Archived