Grand Master Blacklys

Hi guys!

I need your help to finish what will be the centpiece of my DH army.

So here is my grandmaster :

gallery_42171_3174_265408.jpg

I was trying to give the imression that this guy is using a psychic power/force weapon... that's why he is "glowing" and has green lightning on him.

And i would like his base to enforce this idea!

but nothing i try seem to work!

Here is the best i've produce thus far for the base:

gallery_42171_3174_376259.jpg

And the result :

gallery_42171_3174_11047.jpg

And I'm not satisfied... Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

I would personally add a king of plinth beneath him, the whole runy psycic power bit. This is to raise him above the height of regular guys as well as look spiffy. I find that a large bottle cap (think orange juice or milk 2 litre bottle) or a jar lid would work. The ones with the corrugated edges. Paint it up like stone or runic goodness, wack on a layer of 'ardcoat to make it look glossy and your laughing.

Have you got any exemple of what you mean Silver Phoenix? (I don't speak english naturaly, and i'm not sure to understand your idea well)

I don't want my GM to be too high, as he will come with a tall banner (you'll see it in the next pictures...).

At the moment i've got another idea to give the impression that he is using is NFW as a Force weapon, but i'm not please with it :

gallery_42171_3174_866398.jpg

gallery_42171_3174_953297.jpg

do you dee anyway to improve it?

any other ideas?

Thanks, Tchezz.

I don't have any examples, sorry. You might not have the same style of bottle lids like we do here...

I must admit, I'm not overly impressed with this new idea either, makes the model look too busy. Space Marines tend to have simple and strong schemes whereas this has made tohe model very complicated. still, it could work. Its up to you, I guess.

Archived