The Fallen

Razhbad

I decided when the Codex was recently released to Start a Dark Angel Fallen Army (though still not my main army).

Has anyone else done this and if so how have you designed your list and troops.

Myself i kept mine very marine like in style and appearence. For example i mainly use lots of the basic squads (CSM, Terminators, Raptors & Havocs). Plus with there appearence i use very little chaos symbols (only ever with Aspiring champions, terminator and HQ) I use as much from the DA models as i can, never have an Aquilla showing and they are all coloured black and not green00.

My pride and joy though in the Army is my Deamon Prince. I took a forgeworld DA Dreadnaught (decided the guy inside would get elavated) With a load of greenstuff and sparebits later bursting out of this Dreadnaught is Wings, Claws, a Leg and sinistar arm.

i have made two squad of veteren fallen and i use them in my black legion army as chosen, but with space marine veteren stats i have darkened the darkangels green and gave them very shabby dirty robes. i fitted most of them with chaos terminator should pads it give them a bit more of an ancient look i have got cypher to command these fallen troops and am currently working on a dark angels fallen dreadnought called the angel of the blades.

Excellent!!! More Fallen brethren :D Welcome!!!!

There are quite a few folks with armies to look at for inspiration - It's been a while since I looked at them though, so I forget the list right now (Although Lorenzen has some cracking models to check out) (Searchy is your friend)

The beginnings of my warband can be found HERE!!!! I haven't looked at them for ages, for which I apologize, but you might get some ideas.

Originally my thoughts were along the same lines as yours... Similar in most ways to an Imperial army... few daemons (execpt of the daemon prince), few mutations, little in the way of Chaos sybols, but no Imperial symbols either. (I was going for a Soul Drinkers kind of theme, with a little inspiration from a WH40k short story in which a marine lands on a daemon World and as he strays further from the path of the emperor, his armour changes - first by losing all the imperial iconography)

However, once the possessed and a few other models came out, I kinda changed my ideas and incproporated a few more "Interesting" pieces. I also use a lot of the DA range, especially robes and armour.

You obviously have the choice to make over whether you paint them black or green (I went for black cos I wanted original traitors - plus my very first army was Dark Angels back when they actually wore black)

I can't suggest how to make an army list though as I just collect what i think will be fun to build - just make sure you don't let folks sway you from the decision with comments like "Oh, a Fallen army is SOOOOOO unfluffy!!!! It would never happen." It's your army - build it and make it happen. B)

Mine is painted black and the idea behind mine is a small force (when scattered) landed on a Deamon world and many fell to chaos, but as they had a pathetic force they decided to search fro new followers (this always comes in the form of the Unforgiven).

My Fallen leaders, chosen etc. Were at Caliban but the basic troops weren't they are new recruits from many different DA successor chapters, at least thats the idea.

Mine is painted black and the idea behind mine is a small force (when scattered) landed on a Deamon world and many fell to chaos, but as they had a pathetic force they decided to search fro new followers (this always comes in the form of the Unforgiven).

My Fallen leaders, chosen etc. Were at Caliban but the basic troops weren't they are new recruits from many different DA successor chapters, at least thats the idea.

Ahrrr man if your fallen are stealing Recruits from Dark Angels successors you better watch out... Raven/Deathwing will be after you! Also did they go to a summer camp run by the Alpha Legion XD.

On a more serious note I'm wondering how you are justifying this in the background. Theoretically speaking its possible but you can't just walk up to some space marine and say...

Fallen: hey ma I see your a Dark Angels successor...

DA: Woah cool how could you tell?

Fallen: The green armour and wings with a sword in the midle gave it a way.

DA: Oh yer I feel stupid now *facepalm*

Fallen: Anyway I know you guys have crap dental and leave and the prospects are limited for most although those with the abillity could potentially go far... however I'm part of an organisation that has more and better opportunities as well as free medical/dental and 4 months paid vacation a year... what do you say... want to join?

DA: Ok!

Hiya, i recently started a new fallen army just a few weeks back :) and as an earlier post said its nice to see more fallen brethren:D

anyway, to get to the point. i was looking through the DA codex, and i found that every single battle company was compromised of certain amount of troops, the command, 6 tactical, 2 devastator, 2 assault and then rhinos, vindicators, razorbakcs and so on as support. this is alteast imho to be a good starting point, but then ofocurse what DA army is acutally DA without the raven and deathwing eh??? ;) so i have a few bikes and so on coming along. Hopefully this is as some aid to you :D

Cheers

Danny

I did a fallen squad -- I had a blast making it!!

The reason I made the squad was to simply have a place to put Cypher. Everything turned out great!

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/aeroplane_album/DAFbanner.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa276/aeroplane_album/CypherSquad.jpg

Ok obviously my backstory doesn't have like thousands of thousands of space marines in it.

As for how they recruit, they hunt down individual squads of DA and her successor chapters. They kidnap them tell them what happened on calliban, ask them to join them any that say no 1 is tortured for a month infront of the others, then they ask again. They keep doing this until they gain recruits or the Loyalist's bodies can't handle anymore.

Any that do join, are sent to a training ground where they must complete tests (the Deamon world they first landed on) every so often someone within the fallen will land on the planet and take aload with him.

It would probably be more "realistic" / in keeping with popular background if the Fallen were the leaders and other outcasts from different chapters join them in some mutual cause.

Why would they send fully trained marines to a training camp?

Also, given the dedication of the Dark Angels and successors in hunting down Fallen, I doubt they can have a secret base for very long.

Yes I made a unit of Fallen Angels useing the Chosen unit for my Iron Warriors. This was due to not waiting to weaste parts/old GW Inks on models that where for a one of tournament. I pick Fallen Angels to be a Chosen unit due to 1: they look cool & 2: that least some point in the future they could become a army when I got the time (to many project on the go) 3: I needed 250pts of a unit, which they cover (tourny was 1500/1750 then last round 2000).

I also felt Chosen fitted in well with Fallen with the flank rule as they do some time apper randomly.

You can see my fallen by this tournament report back in Oct 2008

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...=150295&hl=

If your making a army, I'd just take units you like, as end of the day it all about having a cool army.

I rememeber a vet in GW Stirling (before it close in 2002) had a really nice Fallen Angel army useing the old metal DA Robe models. His army I belive he had Raptor useing the Sister of battle jump pack, he had a lot of basic troops, veteran (now chosen) & Havocs. He had a Lord with mark of Nurgle, give the army a little bit of a witch hunter sort of theme (as in real life history, not GW style) if anyone seen Bloodquest comic when the Exile Blood Angels go into a city of Nurgle.

But the army overall was very cool.

Also make sure the Fallen Angels have Black Power Armour :(

IP

I fell in love with the Dark Angel Veterans, and my squad is half metal half plastic with Cypher added in. I made it with double plasma, missile launcher and a rhino so I could take it any way I wanted. Just a fun add in for my chaos or even a loyalist marine if they wanted!

Spreaders Fallen Angels

I take it not too many people play as fallen angels. It's good to see there are others out there who appreciate the angels enough to play a fallen army. What's better than playing good and bad angels? I actually started a fallen army about a year ago and they are all black with 50/50 boltgun metal and chaos black trim. Then I gave my deathwing red swords on their shoulders using green stuff. Otherwise they look almost like black legion, just black with silver trim and red swords from right after their fall. (kinda reminds me of the black widow company from battletech lol) They actually seem to do far better than my dark angels in games too..... Does anyone have pics on how they painted their fallen army?

Hiya, i recently started a new fallen army just a few weeks back smile.gif and as an earlier post said its nice to see more fallen brethren:D

anyway, to get to the point. i was looking through the DA codex, and i found that every single battle company was compromised of certain amount of troops, the command, 6 tactical, 2 devastator, 2 assault and then rhinos, vindicators, razorbakcs and so on as support. this is alteast imho to be a good starting point, but then ofocurse what DA army is acutally DA without the raven and deathwing eh??? msn-wink.gif so i have a few bikes and so on coming along. Hopefully this is as some aid to you

The Dark Angels, like any other of the first and second founding Chapters, were reformed into a Chapter a few years after the events of the heresy happened. When the Fallen fought against the loyal Dark Angels of Caliban they were still a Legion, though they may have had the smaller formations similar to a chapter.

Similarly, the Ravenwing and Deathwing were formed after the betrayal, as a response to hunt down and punish the Fallen. So at the time they turned, there was no "Deathwing" or "Ravenwing". They may have had Terminator armour, though personally I assume that the majority of Terminators were with Jonson to do the crusading, and not left back to guard their homeworld.

• 3 weeks later...
Hiya, i recently started a new fallen army just a few weeks back smile.gif and as an earlier post said its nice to see more fallen brethren:D

anyway, to get to the point. i was looking through the DA codex, and i found that every single battle company was compromised of certain amount of troops, the command, 6 tactical, 2 devastator, 2 assault and then rhinos, vindicators, razorbakcs and so on as support. this is alteast imho to be a good starting point, but then ofocurse what DA army is acutally DA without the raven and deathwing eh??? msn-wink.gif so i have a few bikes and so on coming along. Hopefully this is as some aid to you

The Dark Angels, like any other of the first and second founding Chapters, were reformed into a Chapter a few years after the events of the heresy happened. When the Fallen fought against the loyal Dark Angels of Caliban they were still a Legion, though they may have had the smaller formations similar to a chapter.

Similarly, the Ravenwing and Deathwing were formed after the betrayal, as a response to hunt down and punish the Fallen. So at the time they turned, there was no "Deathwing" or "Ravenwing". They may have had Terminator armour, though personally I assume that the majority of Terminators were with Jonson to do the crusading, and not left back to guard their homeworld.

eh well after reading descent of angels i know there was a ravenwing but didn't use or possible know about bikes and speeders until the empeor finding his long lost son (the lion) and giving the legion some imperial tech :lol: and a just shot in the dark here i when you say that most were crusading with jonson i say some were worn by maybe higher ranking angels left at home...just a thought but you are right about no deathwing though:)

Archived