General question about Chaos

Sorry for my noobness, since I didn't read too much about Chaos machinations. So I have some questions:

Why we only see human chaos legions? Chaos doesn't predate on every living being, like Tyranids? (I know it's a poor comparison)

Why just the humans had fallen? The DE are evil and such, and we know that a Chaos god came from the Eldar's fault, so why there's no Chaos DE/Eldar? Or the DE are Chaos-tainted already? (I don't know much about them either)

And the Tau? Maybe it's just too early for the Chaos influence to become apparent?

The Orks? Are they immune, from being assexual/fungus? Otherwise, their way of life would be a blast for Chaos influence.

Maybe it's just a overlooked plot hole?

there is something called wikipedia, true chaos is in all forms and creatures, DE isnt tainted they are pretty much on their own killing and maiming things for fun. Technically you could make a Chaos Eldar, orks, tyranids, etc i have a friend who spiked up his falcon and units, Orks have been known to be under the influence of certain chaos gods to bend them to do their bidding, there are fluff on how they were manipulated to fight for chaos

Humans are easy to mess around with and are fueled by greed, jealousy, anger etc... also there was something called the horus heresy which is the core catalyst story in 40k. Technically the casters in space marine chapters, Daemon hunters, Witch hunters, IG are using the power of the warp to cast their abilities, thus tainted... ironic i know... ptth they think their vegetable emperor god is behind them :confused: . ALSO to make a separate rule set for each race is impossible... so if you like a chaos orks just fluff it and model them chaotic and of course play them chaotic :D

btw there was a time there was a separate codex for traitor IG, and the Tau special char with the daemon weapon is technically tainted already read his fluff he is bloodlusted... and in red!

Side tracking a little here.... BUT Most people tend to forget this is a hobby as well, i have friends who made a gay space marine chapter for fun, with chains and other items which i cant say on this forum. lol.... what you do is up to you really... He also made a smurf chapter, spare marines with smurf heads...

Chaos gods predate humans. They were born from sentient thought and emotions that traveled through the warp and became reincarnations on thoughs feelings and emotions. Eldar created Slaaneshi, and it is through fear of him that they no longer show emotion and try to hide it. most chaos beings are human because we have the ability to dream and feel more that basic emotions. that is why when you have chaos beasts they are mindless and crazy. chaos needs humans more than any other race.

I believe there is some old fluff that ties the rise of the Chaos gods directly to the rise of mankind. It states, much more eloquently then I can, that we're the ones who made Chaos the Chaos gods, with the exception of Slaanesh. Now, I've never seen this fluff myself, but, I have seen folks discussing it. I think I was told it was Second Edition stuff.

Personally, I prefer the idea that they're older than us. Makes them much scarier.

well that doesnt prove much , I have a copy of WD with squats in it [GD entry] , but squats dont exist. there is a difference between what people can do with conversions [hello kitty sm] and the actuall fluff. Right now it looks like this aside for some really really rare monents nids , necrons and orks never get chaosed . There are exeptions from old fluff[drill bosses falling to khorn for example] , but it was always pictured as very rare . Becuase necrons are get killed by warp [old ones used it to battle them] orks durning a waggh or in a large enough group are chaos immune , same goes for nid fleets.

hello to all

i'm new here

this is my first post

i think why chaos like human so much because we are creature with so much complexity

unlike other races, like tau with greater good mind or rampaging orks, we have too much in our mind

which is fit and match with chaos gods. We have anger ( khorne ), we have pain ( nurgle ), we need pleasure ( slaneesh ), and we always think of the future ( tzeench ). so, yes human is chaos entity consumption. :yes:

as for tyranids ship in storm of iron

Storm of Iron also had Tyranid Bio-ships infected with the techno-virus transporting the Iron Warriors' Titans.
Kroot can be corrupted from what I hear, especially if they feed on the flesh of fallen possessed chaos servants. On the topic of possessed 'Nids, I also heard stories about Typhus' Plague Fleet having possessed and infected Hive Fleet ships in his service. I could see a completely organic ship falling to the powers of Nurgle quite easily.

True but it isn't as if the Kroot were willingly corrupted due to temptation/trickery, it was due to their natural instinct of consuming their fallen enemies, and eating chaos corrupted flesh is never a good idea. :lol:

When I said that Tyranids cannot be corrupted, I meant through free will, they cannot consciously/willingly go over to chaos due to temptations or tricks, because they are largely insentient, taking all their orders from the hive mind. They can be corrupted involuntary though, such as being infected by some sort of virus, IW/Nurgle etc. take your pick, and this corrupts them but it's not like the Tyranids have any concious control over it. :)

thats true that tyranids don't fall to chaos on they free will. because in storm of iron novel the Warsmith need arcane magic and techno-virus ( obliterator virus i guess ) to bind the ship for they own use and still the creature angered at the chaos legion.

thank you :lol:

Who is to say that Gork and Mork aren't the entities spawned by the Orks own range of emotions and, due to the untold hordes of Orks, they are strong enough to keep the 'Big Four' from influencing their own? They are united in worship of Gork and Mork, as well as being fairly single-minded anyway (which would explain the lack of a varied Pantheon), and there's little need for them to do anything but fight, which is what they want to do anyway. I seriously doubt the Gork and Mork need much to spur them onward. It's probably not the case as Gork and Mork could very well just be gods to the Orks much in the way of the very ancient Pantheon the Eldar revered, which died when Slaanesh was born. But you never know. :yes:

And there are at least a few mentions to other races that are wholly consumed with the worship of Chaos. The already mentioned Loxatl and the race from the first book in the Eisenhorn trilogy ring are at the top of my mind but I'm sure if we went digging, we could find mention of other races.

Chaos gods predate humans. They were born from sentient thought and emotions that traveled through the warp and became reincarnations on thoughs feelings and emotions. Eldar created Slaaneshi, and it is through fear of him

He/she/it FYI :yes:

I always thought orks were to stupid/single-minded to really worship chaos, although there genocide-y mass murder-y kill everything-y-ness would make Khorne Stronger (iirc), and the pleasure they apparently get from killing would empower Slaanesh (also iirc). Tzeentch probably manipulates them for some of his plans or something... and nurgle.... likes green?

I think their are some Chaos Orks I remember something about Khorne Worshipping Orks from long ago XD but these are unusual I guess.

yea i've read this too, I kinda think it may have been in the chaos codex with the face on the cover (cant remember ed.)

I think Orks would most likely turn to Nurgle. He gives them the chance to live longer, thus killing more enemies and growing bigger and badder throughout the decades.

but the normal way for ending up in the service for Nurgle is a fear of death isnt it? i think khorne is more likely

I think their are some Chaos Orks I remember something about Khorne Worshipping Orks from long ago XD but these are unusual I guess.

yea i've read this too, I kinda think it may have been in the chaos codex with the face on the cover (cant remember ed.)

If you're going to the way-back machine, you might be referring to Slaves to Darkness. Unfortunately I can't seem to locate my copy (although Lost and the Damned is quite handy).

Back then, you could pretty much have Chaos anything--and both Nurgle and Tzeentch Chaos Renegade armies could acquire Freebooterz and Chaos Squats as part of a retinue or through the army list. And the old White Dwarf articles previewing the ork books had the Stormboyz who sometimes fell to the temptation of Khorne (White Dwarf 136, page 50).

I always thought of Gork and Mork as some kind of representation of the Old Ones that made the Orks.

I think I remember something from the EoT saying that there are lots of un genecticaly altered humans and mutants in the EoT.

I think that it is true that Chaos could convert any life form, but some just are not as easy to convert as others.

I know this is going a bit off topic, but wasnt there a Chaos god that tried to be the only one, or is that WHFB?

I think Orks would most likely turn to Nurgle. He gives them the chance to live longer, thus killing more enemies and growing bigger and badder throughout the decades.

but the normal way for ending up in the service for Nurgle is a fear of death isnt it? i think khorne is more likely

I think Orks would probably worship Nurgle due to the simple fact he is green.

Check the back of the daemon hunters book. It talks about using chaos with other armies. It even includes stats for randomized lesser and greater daemons that can be used for friendly games.

Picture of chaos orks are probably from this. I remember the old GW website had a topic of this. There were even models of tau ethreal and battlesuits possessed by daemons.

I do recall reading somewhere that Tau have zero psychic abilities, and therefore don't show up in the void, and therefore immune to the whispers of chaos because they show no presence in the warp.

The very nature of chaos is that anything can fall into chaotic influence. Its a very infectious matter that seeps into realspace. THe longer your afflicted, the closer you become akin-mind with the warp. If marines cannot go in without going mad, and mind-wipes are whats required to keep you sane from warp exposure. (Dont forget, the warp is psychic emotion) then practicly anything with a sentient mindfold is vulnerable.

Necrons perhaps safest being the most anti-chaos existence. The most devout chaos energies exact opposite is the necron existence. The very energy necrons use destroy chaos, and the other way around chaos energies dematerialise Necrons. So they are safe, if you want them to be safe from mental tampering.

Orks, they can stray. Humans are all too easy. Eldar souls are strapped to Slaanesh, they just prolong their fate with the infinity circut. Tyranids are just finding the influence, and are attacking mostly on the opposite side of the galaxy from the eye of terror. They have their own mental warding with Synapse abilities, but when severed they are just beasts to the slaughter.

The Tau do have psychics.... Those psychics are the fifth Tau race (they have four distinct races, winged ones for the air caste being the most different, they disallow mixbreeding by incineration). This fifth race are their manipulative leaders, hiding behind sheathes of emotion changing powers and the veil of the so-called "Greater Good". They however may believe in such a thing, its unsure within the fluff. These psychics are far from the eye of terror, and have faced them only through freak accidental mishaps.

The kroot though are as manipulative as the Orks, they are a spiritual race. Their leaders often have so called 'Shamanistic' abilities. The vespids though are unclear, they are evolved insect-like race that are influenced by the Tau Psychics through their helmets. (ref to vespid helmet description, its a questionable entry that hints that they are controlled unwillingly, easy to see why they are given short range weapons meant to kill things tau dont like to get near and they are disallowed from breeding off their homeworld)

Hope that clerifies a few spots, open to reference.

or a twist might be that all warp being are the same as the chaos gods, thus mork and gork are chaos gods that just happen to prefer orks. Another thing is orks did not used to be fungus, not sure when that change happened. Also while not represented in 40K chaos dwarves were interesting to say the least.

Actually, in the new Ork Codex, there's a story about Orks who are pretty much slaves to Khorne. Everyday they die and everyday he re-incarnates them to battle again.

And I don't think there's anywhere that it states that Tau have NO Warp Signature... just a very faint one. I'm quite sure that if Tzeentch wanted to manipulate the Tau (and I think he is), then he could make it happen.

I know this is going a bit off topic, but wasnt there a Chaos god that tried to be the only one, or is that WHFB?

That would be Malal. He was mentioned in Slaves to Darkness, IIRC, as a minor Chaos power. He's not properly GW IP as he was created for a book and is the IP of the author (I think). Although GW have made some inroads to "reclaiming" something "Malal-like" in the fluff.

Archived