Fighting Orks

Manolin

I play Ultramarines against my much more experienced friend who regularily defeats me with his Orks. He is a very good player and always has different looks for me. He'll throw bikes, lootahs, burnas, tank bustas, nob squads, kans, deff dreads, koptas and (nearly) always trucks. The only thing I can count on for sure are lots and lots of orks. We typically play 1500-2000 pt games and I've probably beaten him once out of the past 15 times we've played with some draws mixed in there.

I really enjoy Space Marines so far because of their great flexability. I have gotten better at deploying and using them, but I am still not over the hump. I have tried all sorts of different tactics against him but always seem to get close without winning the battle. What are some good general strategies against an ork opponent?

I have most of the Space Marine army at my disposal. With the exception of a thunderfire cannon and only 1 drop pod.

As an Ork player I have just one piece of advice - Orks are stupid.

All you have to do is kinda stay outa the way and the Orks will cause hilarious amounts of damage to themselves, for example careening their trukk into a wall and killing all the passangers or a trukk careening into another trukk and destroying both, killing 28 orks or a trukk...

actually come to think of it this applies more to speed freeks with lots of trukks than anyone else...

Not being nasty but there is a lot available in this Tactical Section already search for "Orks" and you will get lots. Here are some highlights:

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Enjoy and if you have any specific units you are having issues with post it here and I will answer your worries (was a real big ork player before dusting off my Marines this year)

Wan

Archived