Equipping my Ironclads

I run an all drop pod force (Salamanders 2nd company drop pod assault) and I've been having trouble with equipping my beloved ironclads. I've been having trouble making them generalist.

I've worked out two combinations for roughly the same points:

Big Melta Lad' (2x MG, 2xHK, drop pod deathwind locator beacon

Roasting burny lad' (2x HF, 2xHK, drop pod, locator)

the argument I'm having with myself is to make my lads' tank hunters or troop tarpits. I stuck the deathwind in with the melta lad' for needed anti-horde, but doubt that it will see any action as it can't fire upon landing and well drop pods aren't that reliable. I usually drop three lads' with a unit of sternguard followed by my scoring units (I switch depending on the situation) but it's usually the main idea. Thoughts?

Well considering you cannot change out the Storm Bolter for a Melta Gun your first configuation is illegal. If you are going to Heavy Flamer the second one I would drop the HK missiles and upgrade the pod to Deathwind, this will be more in keeping with its anti infantry configuration.

And Drop pods not being reliable? Where did that statement come from? How are you not finding them reliable?

Archived