Kharn the Betrayer, how do I use him?

eyescrossed

Well... I'll probably be getting Khârn to lead my CSM force of mostly Berzerkers and Termies, but I want tctics for using him, not just "Point him at the enemy!", if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking of buying another box of Berzerkers and having him in a massive 20 man footslogging unit of death.

I'm also thinking of putting him in a LR with 9 Berzerkers.

By the way, I face Eldar, Tyranids and Marines a lot.

Thankyou in advance.

Well... I'll probably be getting Khârn to lead my CSM force of mostly Berzerkers and Termies, but I want tctics for using him, not just "Point him at the enemy!", if you know what I mean.

I'm thinking of buying another box of Berzerkers and having him in a massive 20 man footslogging unit of death.

Thankyou in advance.

Hmmm...pure Khornate CSM certainly have a lot of style (ie charge at them and bury your axe in their face), but I think you'll need the good old Undivided squads to back them up. Maybe something like this for Troops?

(2) Champion w/powerfist, 9 x Chaos Marines, 2 x meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino

(255 points each)

(2) Skull Champion w/powerfist, 7 x Khorne Beserkers,, Rhino

(243 points each)

That way, you have uber-assault units (the Beserkers) to clear the enemy objectives, but your regular guys can kill tanks/walkers/TeQ's and claim your own rear-ward objectives.

As for Khârn...he's probably best used attached to a Beserker pack. Skimp on the Champion (Khârn is better in every way except for killing Wraithlords/ID'ing T4 characters), bulk up the unit to 9 man and attach Khârn, then stick them in a Rhino. Sure, sometimes he'll hit one of your guys are wound them, but they're Fearless and won't care (Terminators will, because they're only Ld10, not Fearless).

Don't buy a Landraider, it's not worth it.

Thankyou in advance.

Hmmm...pure Khornate CSM certainly have a lot of style (ie charge at them and bury your axe in their face), but I think you'll need the good old Undivided squads to back them up. Maybe something like this for Troops?

(2) Champion w/powerfist, 9 x Chaos Marines, 2 x meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory, Rhino

(255 points each)

(2) Skull Champion w/powerfist, 7 x Khorne Beserkers,, Rhino

(243 points each)

That way, you have uber-assault units (the Beserkers) to clear the enemy objectives, but your regular guys can kill tanks/walkers/TeQ's and claim your own rear-ward objectives.

As for Khârn...he's probably best used attached to a Beserker pack. Skimp on the Champion (Khârn is better in every way except for killing Wraithlords/ID'ing T4 characters), bulk up the unit to 9 man and attach Khârn, then stick them in a Rhino. Sure, sometimes he'll hit one of your guys are wound them, but they're Fearless and won't care (Terminators will, because they're only Ld10, not Fearless).

Don't buy a Landraider, it's not worth it.

Thanks for the comment, some interesting points here :)

Basic WE build looks like:

Khârn

3x8 Zerk, Rhino

add whatever.

Hmm... Well, I'm thinking of having 32 Berzerkers in my army (yes, 32!), at least 10 Terminators, maybe a Vindicator and some Raptors.

The trick is to get things that distract from your Berserkers, Defilers and Vindis are great for this. The more fire going at things like that, the more ignoring the big threat, your zerkers.

Yeah, my threats will be Possessed, a Defiler, and most likely a Vindicator.

The good thing about these threats is that if my opponent chooses to ignore them and go for the Berzerkers, they'll will devastate him.

You could always put him with 5 other bodybag marines. Either CSMs or Berserkers, it really doesn't matter too much as hey'll take care of most of the heavy lifting by himself, so in essence you're just giving him more wounds. You do a 5 man squad to help keep the cost down

Other then that, the safest thing is 8 Berserkers packing a Power Fist. The main choice is whether or not a Rhino or Land Raider is the most appropriate.

Archived