force org question.

SinSynn

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm putting together my first space marine army (went back to playing my Tau for a while-what a mistake!), and I kinda like biker lists.

So here's the question- if I bring a captain on a bike, I can bring bikers as troop choices. Now, I can add an attack bike on top of 8 bikers, to make 10 marines. This is all very nice. But when I bring a squad of 8 bikers, do they occupy BOTH the fast attack slot AND the troop slot, or one or the other? For instance, do they still occupy the fast attack slot but COUNT AS troops? or vice-versa?

What I'd like to do is bring the captain on a bike, a couple squads of bikers as troops (minimum 5, I believe, to count as troops) and then bring 3 SEPERATE attack bikes, one in each fast attack slot.

Y'know, maybe 1 multi melta and a couple of heavy bolters. I just think attack bikes are cool as hell, and I'd like to see a nice group of 3 running around. But if I seperate them, I think they have a better chance, as opponents have to pick just one for a squad to shoot at.

Sorry if I'm asking something that is basic knowledge. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer :(

• 2 months later...
the rule for bikes as troops says that units must have 5 models. therefore you would need 4bikes and an attack bike - attack bikes are only one model

AM

Incorrect. You have to have five Marine Bikers for it to qualify as a Troops choice.

the rule for bikes as troops says that units must have 5 models. therefore you would need 4bikes and an attack bike - attack bikes are only one model

AM

Incorrect. You have to have five Marine Bikers for it to qualify as a Troops choice.

Actually it says 'Space Marine Bikes squads of at least five models'. As an Attack bike is an add-on part of a bike squad it's OK to take. As angry man says if you buy a small squad you then have the minimum required of 4 bikes and one attack bike = 5 models:

3 x in orignal squadron, + 1 additional biker, + 1 attack bike = the 5 models.

Attack bikes only count as two models when in combat squads.

Cheers

I

Archived