Can Sicarious join an Outflanking unit?

General Retreat

If Sicarious grants a tactical squad Scout, the Outflank ability is transferred to their dedicated transport as well, according to the USR. (for some reason, infiltrate does not)

So, if I have a tactical squad, split into combat squads, with a dedicated Razorback, can I put one combat squad in the Razor, deploy Sicarious inside the transport attached to the squad, then declare that it is Outflanking? Or would Sicarious have to have Scout, too?

Also, could he join a foot-slogging Infiltrated unit? I'm imagining a DoW game, deploying melta combat squads right up next to the enemy with Sicarious attached at deployment to get close (12" if you can get out of LOS), then charging in with his squad. Would this be legal?

As I recall, both Scout AND Infiltrate are abilities that are lost when a non-Scout/non-Infiltrate IC joins a Scout/Infiltrate unit.

Sicarius can't Infiltrate or Outflank.

If you want to Outflank or Infiltrate with an IC, use Khan or Shrike.

Also, some people have questions regarding a Combat Squadded Tactical Squad & Scout (as conferred by Sicarius). There are debates in the Rules forum about Scout Outflanking & Combat Squads, related both to the Land Speeder Storm & Sicarius... centered on the timing of Combat Squadding vs. deployment into Transports (dedicated and otherwise), which affects the ability to Outflank & deploy the other half of the Combat Squad (i.e. if you deploy half the squad on the table to start the game, does "deployment" mean you can put the other half into a Razorback & hold that half in reserves?). I don't pretend to know the outcomes of those debates, however.

Archived