Judas of the Word Bearers

fet

Hola chaps,

I haven't posted on here in a few years because I haven't been painting marines, but I've just recently finished this unpleasant fellow: Judas, a Dark Apostle. I was trying out a few new techniques, and pretty much settled on doing a Dark Apostle so I could work on my red. It's not quite right, but it's definitely an improvement on my older work.

You can't really see it in the pictures, but he's walking up some rubble built up against the back of a fallen statue of a chaplain; I rather like the interplay between the model and his base.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/amasafet/judas_front.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/amasafet/judas_shoulder.jpg

Comments, criticisms, witticisms?

Fet

*bows before this most glorious son of Lorgar* Awesome painting and conversions, love all the verdigris and his face in particular (nice use of Zhufor's head). :angry: The left shoulderpad definitely does look rather flat, though. EDIT: Actually, might I ask what bit the book on his chest is?

Thanks, guys.

Terminatorinhell: The mace arm is indeed from the fantasy chaos knights. There are some awesome bits in there; well worth a look. I also sculpted a ridge down the power fist to match with the style of ridge on his wrist from that kit.

Patriarch: Yeah, the red on the shoulder is a bit flat; it's a little better in person, but I got the lighting slightly off, so it only properly shows from behind.

RazakelXIII: I'm not sure where the book comes from; I bought the 'books set' from GW, which is one of the few bitz packs they still do. It comes with loads of books, as well as the skull I used as the basis for the chaplain statue's helmet.

WoW, the Dark Gods smile on you brother. Actually thinking about the Word Bearers are going through something of a renassance on this board ^_^

That is an amazing peice of work! I definatly agree about the book. I'll have to sift through the GW bitz catalogue B)

The chain is very nice, and I love the face.

Do you have any more sons of Lorgar to show us?

Disciple

Dark Disciple: Sorry, no other Word Bearers. I don't really play anymore, I just paint. If I do another marine, I'll try to remember to post it here.

Grand Master Tchezzarus: Basically, I paint the bronze up (brazen brass, shaded down with charadon granite, gradually mixing in a little scaly green and black for the darker shadows, highlighting with brazen brass, shining gold, then adding a touch of mithril), then use lots of super-thin layers of a scaly green + skull white mix (around 80:20, I suppose, but I do it by eye), then a final touch of ice blue + skull white (50:50ish) for the spots where water would collect. Let me know if you need more info.

THe model is simply awesome, the painting skill you have really brings the whole feel of Judas alive! ALso love the dripping blood effect on the maul and i feel the stance you have put him in really looks good. One of the best models i have seen in a long time. -_-

Archived