Rule/Tactica questions

jur

Hi I was wondering about a few things wich I don't see a lot about in these lists.

My first question is about the new way of assigning wounds and taking armour saves.

I play chaos and I mostly play against Tau or IG. At the moment I play a Lash list with one or two lash princes, plague marines and oblits/predator.

My units are somthing like

7 plague marines with 2 melta and champ with fist ( 2 plasma etc.) When a unit gets shot by my opponent I get like 10 hits/wounds wich I have

to divide over al seven marines.

After that I must take 3 different Armour saves (for my regular marines/for my melta marines/ for my champ).

Also if you use a havoc unit with 4 different heavy weapons you have to take 5 differnt Armour saves (regular marines/HW1 marine/HW2 marine/ HW3 marine/ HW4 marine)

Are there any tactics for this. You don't want to lose your special marines to fast. In the old rules so just let the regular marines die.

My second question is about Lash and ordnance weapons.

I also use lash and i've used the right way it's killing for your opponents army. But what I don't understand is the fact that everybody says it's great

combined with ordnance weapons. With ordnance you have a 66,6 % change that the blast is between 1 and 9 inch of mark. or am I missing something.

thnx

Jur

Hi I was wondering about a few things wich I don't see a lot about in these lists.

My first question is about the new way of assigning wounds and taking armour saves.

I play chaos and I mostly play against Tau or IG. At the moment I play a Lash list with one or two lash princes, plague marines and oblits/predator.

My units are somthing like

7 plague marines with 2 melta and champ with fist ( 2 plasma etc.) When a unit gets shot by my opponent I get like 10 hits/wounds wich I have

to divide over al seven marines.

After that I must take 3 different Armour saves (for my regular marines/for my melta marines/ for my champ).

Also if you use a havoc unit with 4 different heavy weapons you have to take 5 differnt Armour saves (regular marines/HW1 marine/HW2 marine/ HW3 marine/ HW4 marine)

Are there any tactics for this. You don't want to lose your special marines to fast. In the old rules so just let the regular marines die.

My second question is about Lash and ordnance weapons.

I also use lash and i've used the right way it's killing for your opponents army. But what I don't understand is the fact that everybody says it's great

combined with ordnance weapons. With ordnance you have a 66,6 % change that the blast is between 1 and 9 inch of mark. or am I missing something.

thnx

Jur

Only the obvious, on your special models don't allocate wounds to them unless you have to and if you have to allocate the least number of wounds onto the model you want to survive.. and when mixed weapons are involved apply the weakest weapon to the model you want to survive so don't make the heavy weapon dude take a lascannon hit when he can take a bolter hit.

Well without pointing out the blatently obvious you want to take less saves on your more valuable models, and hope you get lucky with armor saves. The new rules kinda made taking big squads pointless as you still may lose your heavy/special weapons or champion. Then they make so to get 2 specials you need 10 marines. However more men reduces the chance of having to take armor saves on the specials.

As for lash, it is great because you can get the enemy where you want them. It's not just template weapons that benefit but you can pull things into charge range, push units away from combat range (e.g. Genestealers) and you can move units out of line of sight, those pesky devastators, move them behind a building then they have to use up a turn to move back.

As for the template weapons, yes there is a 66.6% chance of scattering. However that percentage will never change for plasma cannon/demolisher cannon so your not losing anything. what you gain is formidable however, that 33.3% chance of hitting breaks down thus:

Situation: Vindicator fires at 20 orks

Without Lash: Supposing that the orks are at max 2'' coherency, you will only ever hit 5, maybe a few more depending on placement. The guy under the hole and any within 2'' (the template is 5'' across, 2.5'' from the hole to the edge) So you roll to wound and kill say 6 out of 8 hit. So total casualties caused is 6, not bad i suppose.

With Lash: You can move all the models 2D6'', lets assume you rolled 8. Now you move EVERY ork 8'' so that then form a nice little circle. when the vindicator scores a hit you are going to hit all 20 orks killing 16/17 maybe more, maybe less. either way the damage you cause is going to be considerably higher.

Lash wont help you with the scatter issue but it sure will help you cause more damage when you DO hit.

Archived