Chaos Lord-terminator armour, no mark(black legion), weapon undecided

10 CSM-Mark of Nurgle

6-Thousand Suns

6-Plague Marines

6-Korne Beserkers

3-Oblitors

Rhino

Predator

I love the idea of Black Legion as it means i can use all the advantages of the different gods under one army. But

A) How will this army fair against Space Marines

:D I really want to give my lord a daemon weapon but will it just make him a walking target and will he actually be able to get close enough to anyone to use it.....Does anyone have any advice on the best weapon choice for Chaos Lords????

Khorne daemon weapons are extremely risky, 1/3 of the time the lord will receive a wound and do nothing. Nurgle daemon weapons are awesome though. Allways wound on 4+ and you get a re-roll on your to-wound dices if the target has t4 or less.

Yeah but as Black Legion my HQ cannot have any mark....right??

Not necessarily. There can certainly be marked Black Legionnaires. They are like the mixing pot of chaos, if there can be blakc legion berserker and such, why not lords? Also in the codex it mentions Black legion sorcerers of Nurgle. With black legion, you have pretty much free reign of the codex.

On weapons, pair of claws is always a good safe bet. All the Daemon weapons have their pros and cons. But they are not as 'safe' a choice. Giving the lord a daemon weapon, will not make him any more of a 'threat' then a lord without one. As soon as someone says "Chaos Lord" people always expect the worse, and plan accordingly.

The list looks okay, but how are the squads and units equipped?

Really, i thought that but one of the guys at Games Workshop said i couldn't give him a mark...lieing little monkey!!

Right, so just to clarify my HQ of my black legion army can have a mark BUT can also have any squads with a variety of different marks under him??

Also, which chaos unit/s is the best against space marines??

with the new chaos codex, any army can be led by an HQ with any mark and include any type of marked troops.

For dealing with Marines, it depends what you want to do. Berserkers rip through them in combat, TSons shoot the heck out of them. Plague Marines are great overall. Noise Marines are faster in combat and can outshoot marines.

You can give ANY hq ANY mark and ANY unit that can take a MARK can be given ANY of those MARKS

there are no limitations, although the fluff suggests that certain gods hate each other and would never fight along side one another. But game terms any Marked units can fight with any other marked units.

Cheers guys, thanks for clearing up

So do you think giving my lord the Daemon weapon with some mark would be better then a shooting weapon and power fist??

If you go Mark of Tzeencth, the DWeapon is a shooting weapon too!

Of course, you can take a daemon weapon and a combi-weapon on a lord.

The Codex says the daemon weapon is 2 handed? So you cant have a combi weapon as well.....right?

Nope. All the 2 handed designation means is no +1 attack for having a bolt pistol. In the codex it is perfectly legal to take both. Heck, you can legally take a pair of lightning claws and a combi-melta.

Under options.

Chaos Lord can buy a combi-weapon.

Chaos lord can trade his close combat weapon for a deamon weapon or lightning claws.

They are not exclusive.

There is no more limit on only 1 two handed weapon. that is an old rule that doesn't exist now.

If you need a fluff justification, the combi-weapon could be on a strap and the deamon weapon in a scabbard when not in use.

Cheers dude, I thought when you looked in the weapons bit is says the sword is 2 handed. But thats great!!

Now i've gotta find a cool sword bits somewhere online to alter my Lord as there is no big sword in the box--any ideas where there is good bits online?

Cheers dude, I thought when you looked in the weapons bit is says the sword is 2 handed. But thats great!!

Now i've gotta find a cool sword bits somewhere online to alter my Lord as there is no big sword in the box--any ideas where there is good bits online?

I cut the giant sword off my Demon Prince and used that. Demon Prince needs no sword, just his fists.

Tzeentch DW is the lesser risk of the two DW's rolling two dice per turn. Shooting and Assault (shooting hits on 2+) when the dice are rolled separately.

Khorne DW makes its extra dice useful when it remains in combat during the enemies assault phase, where you cant shoot. (17 attacks max!)

Nurgle DW is arguably the most multi-task being poisoned and capable of giving a Wraithlord or Tyranid Monsterous Creature a bad day.

Slaanesh DW is perhaps the best character hunter being non-psychic instant death, and with intiative 6, WS6 most toughness 5 and under multi-wound models hate it.

Undivided/markless DW is strength 5, and hitting+wounding marines on 3's while being able to penetrate the rear of most tanks with +D6 attacks is also a nice feature.

Chaos lords are utility when armed with daemon weapons. Inside a squad, or operating alone with something big to follow like a raider/prince with wings and so on its a nice model. Some will argue to death that Warptime Sorcerers and Warptime Daemon Princes are superior, well in some casess they are but that doesnt make the lord any less effective. They actually are superior to loyalists still, if you compare with math-hammer.

Enjoy.

You can have any mark on a BL lord and be fluffy, but I think there is something to be said for an undivided lord running things in the BL, it's even more fluffy, that's why I only use unmarked characters. One of the best D. weops too IMO, +1 str.

I do not think that a D. weop makes a lord more of a target, they are going to try and kill him no matter what weop he has.

Termi armor not good for lords (too slow), wings better.

Just cramming troops from all four gods in your list is no good, makes your army lack focus.

read over the "chaos lords handboook" and "asp champs handbook" in the GRATIS section of this forum to get you started.

Welcome to BL and B&C

Nah, the best one is the blissgiver. A potential 10 instant death noarmoursaveallowed atacks on the charge. The anti Monster weapon. Woot.

The anti-monster weopon ?? Against most MC it will need a 6 to wound, and two of the nastiest MC, the DP and HT are immune to insta-death, so how is it the anti-monster weop ?? :rolleyes:

Many of the s/m SC's are now immune to insta-death and have a 4+ or 3+ invul. Blessgiver doesn't make you more likely to wound like undivided D. weop or LC's, it doesn't have as many attack as khorne D. weop, it doesn't wound MC's on 4+ and have poison like nurgle D. weop, it doesn't shoot like Tz D. weop, IMO it's the worst D. weop, actually I'd rather have LC's.

Archived