A Mortifactors blog [pic heavy]

skarekrow

so, i got the assault on black reach box when it came out last year but havent been able to get the marines done yet, perhaps some criticism etc will change that (or so i thought...)

so a quick background story: i stopped playing all GW games a lot of years ago and focused on skirmish games from other companies for a while untill the AoBR box came out, i havent played a single game as of yet.

anyways, here we have some WIP of my upcoming mortifactors....i currently own only the contents within the AoBR box.

tactical marine and sergeant:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/space-marines-1.jpg

Dreadnought and terminator sarge:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/space-marines-2.jpg

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/space-marines-3.jpg

oh theres some terrain in these pics aswell, i hope you can skip their intrusive nature on the pics.

cheers, Dennis from Sweden

I'm almost solely a lurker these days, but I just wanted to post to give my encouragement and ask that you keep on with this; what you're doing looks great so far, and I'm even more appreciative given that your talent is going towards a chapter as cool as the Mortifactors. You've got a lovely dark, grimy look going here, which suits them down to the ground, and your actual painting skill itself seems very solid. I, for one, would love to see your re-entry to the hobby take off with this force, it looks to me like you could really make something special of it.

thanks guys.

i will try to get this atm small force done, it is going to be rather slow seing as my son and my studies are top priority right now, but i shall try to get some done on perhaps a weekly basis.

once again, thanks

dont the morts have crazy dark skin though?

if I recall correctly, in the ultamarine novel "warriors of ultramar" it described the mortifactors as being rather pale in complexion-- makes sense since they spend alot of time inside their tomb like fortress monastery ;)

• 1 month later...

so, since my cameras USB cord is missing and any cord that fits apparently just wont do i havent been able to update properly.

so, to remedy this i have contacted Sony to see if i can get a new one from them that fits.

i have however almost finished a 5 man termie unit and let me tell you they look awesome in mortifactor colours.

im starting a landraider soon aswell and am thinking about freehanding alot on it so any suggestions are welcome, my thoughts right now is to go for some kind of Death metal album cover since im a huge fan of the genre.

the pigment powders work like a charm and i can recomend them to everyone, i use MIG pigments and they arent very expensive and should be readily available from any well sorted hobby shop or from the CMoN shop.

i also found this photo of a mini i painted some time ago for an online competition, it won the comp so im pretty proud of it:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/space-marine.jpg

i used alot of inspiration from Cyril on the armour and glowing eyes....

cheers and thanks for the (i hope) patience

I hope you'll have better usage of the Land Raider than I've had ;) ^^,

Join me and my bud on L4D tomorrow :)

oh and as for a heavy metal album cover, my vote lies with dimmu borgir - for all tid (or Spiritual Diemensions)

or Satyricon - Dark Medival Times

both great album cover, quite similar yet different, tells a great story

BTW, damn you, you paint better than me... now my models won't be the sweetest on the battlefield no more :HS:

i also always wanted a mortifactors army and now im steadily (slowly) working on it.

müller, haha i will take care of your land raider, those covers are really cool and could fit with the overall theme of the army pretty well. ive been thinking of either the DVD cover for vital remains-evil death live (graphic stuff i guess) or perhaps the skulls from Deicide-stench of redemption.

but who knows i might change my mind a thousand times before actually painting it.

and thanks man, but i havent seen anything wrong with your stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

so i solved the cam problem, heres some quick pics that i just took of Telion and the dread as they are right now, the mouldline on the dread isnt that predominant irl but i should fix it i guess...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/dreadnought-wip.gif

dread with some MIG pigment powders added and some to the base aswell.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/telion-wip.gif

Telion for my local GW paintingcontest. it got a bit washed out but atleast theres some pics now, i have to get a better set up though.

cheers

Dennis

thanks mate, Blanches work has been a bit so and so for me, some of it is awesome and some is not so awesome, but i do take it as a compliment.

im gonna try to get better pics later, and perhaps some of the rest, i have almost painted the termie squad, its still wip but the bone and black colours aswell as the yellow is done...

dont the morts have crazy dark skin though?

if I recall correctly, in the ultamarine novel "warriors of ultramar" it described the mortifactors as being rather pale in complexion-- makes sense since they spend alot of time inside their tomb like fortress monastery :)

I seem to remember from somewhere that they were like Jamaicans.... :D

There was an article in UK WD some time ago featuring a mortifactor army that really tempted me to get started with them. Lot's of skull imagery, I think it had a tank with skeletons on the roof. A really cool chapter.

Your minis are amazing, the bone and black really pops. You really know how to paint.

Can't wait to see the next update.

Brilliant work. Mortifactors have a cool scheme and you've really done it justice. It must be a Scandinavian thing, but all you guys from the North seem to produce outstanding miniatures. It's not fair!! :lol:

Telion looks great and the purple cape is well executed. I like the chains around the Dreads CCW too.

Oh yeah, on the subject of death metal covers I thought I should suggest Bolt Thrower's 'Realm of Chaos'. It's just the RT cover!

Again tho brilliant work.

Archived