A Mortifactors blog [pic heavy]

skarekrow

i just ordered some dark angel veteras to convert to sternguards, a vindicator, captain sicarius to slightly brutally modify to be my first real HQ.

my termies have been taking some time due to me having two essays to work on. luckily i just submitted both today so im off tonight, maybe i`ll finish the nmm on them, who knows.

cheers

Haha it's not fair you're too good at to many things. What have we Welsh got? The Lost Prophets *shudders*. :P It's a shame that cover isn't used anymore, Earache wouldn't pay to keep using it and now they've got some second rate sci-fi pic on the front. Any way back to the models. How big is this army gonna be?

Desecration, my man, Desecration.

Excellent looking Mortifactors!

Alright Desecration I'll give you that one. :sick:

Skarecrow I'm lookin' forward to these termis. Any thoughts on how your gonna tackle the Dark Angel robes?

whey! ace paint job bro! just started some mortifactors myself, still strugglin paintin using light colours!

oh aye, and good wok on the prostitute disfigurement tshirt! saw them support the berzerker, man, amazing show!

khairney: yeah they were great, saw them support cannibal corpse together with aeon a couple of years ago. good luck with those mortifactors. light colours are hard as hell to paint.

duncs: yeah me to :), right now im taking a well deserved vacation 300km from home and im just relaxing out in the country with lots of whisky and beer. but i´ll try to post a pic of them on monday when i get back.

pulse: my ears are happy

thanks for the compliments guys, i´ll be seeing these through and my order should arrive next week

so heres a pretty bad pic of two of the termies, it shows how far ive come with the nmm and that it really needs alot of cleaning up.

ive been on a vacation of sorts and got back yesterday so nothing new happened to these guys since last thursday.

hopefully someone will enjoy this pic:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/wip-termies-igen.gif

i bought Chronus today, impulse buys like this is really not good for my economy. well however i managed to assemble him and scratch all the ultramarine Us off him. now im just waiting for my tanks so that i can put him in one...

so i got Telion back today, hes unscathed actually. well i didnt get any good pis today and im in a rush atm. but heres Telion in a finished state:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/telion-klar.gif

i also snapped a pic of Chronus, this is my first "serious" sculpting for a bit over 6 years now so please, C&C would be awesome:

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/chronus-start.gif

C&C is always great, especially criticism since i want to get better at this

i will get some better pics of Telion soon, like tomorrow or something, just to show off the freehand on the cloak etc.

//

Dennis

thanks #13.

i got my order yesterday and started assembling my vindicator, feels weird since i havent built anything this big for almost 6 years or so now.

i put my version of chronus in it and i will be detailing it before i get a pic of it.

i have had a look at the dark angel veteran sprue aswell, damn theres alot of stuff on there, i will be making these into my sternguard.

sicarius also showed up and got all his ultramarine insignia filed off or filled with greenstuff, i think he will look great.

pics to come!

Hello :D I just wanted to say well done on everything that you have done so far:) it all looks damn nice man :)

Not only that, i saw that you are swedish, so am I :)

And some more, i see your into death metal, i love prostitute disfigurement, thats the shirt you were wearing yes???

hahahaha

Tack o hej,

Danny

Vindicator

so, i started this thing before the midsummer festivities and finished off the freehand skulls on its side then, i just didnt get the time to upload the pic last week. so here it is, one of the sides on my Vindicator, The four horsemen (so called because of the motif that i will be painting today on it...)

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/vindicator-wip-1.jpg

enjoy i hope...

fallenangels123: thanks man, yeah im swedish and i do love PD aswell, and alot of other brutal stuff aswell. to bad PD stopped making music.

Xeno scum: thanks dude, keep an eye out i will try to update it tomorrow or later tonight perhaps.

heres the reason i will call my vindicator "Four horsemen":

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g93/dennis_ostlund/vindicator-wip-2.jpg

i got the idea while browsing through Simon Bisleys illustrations inspired by the bible, these are the four horsemen according to him, kind of. he is alot better than me at painting/drawing things, but i think i caught the idea good enough. its not quite done yet and will suffer through several stages of cleanups and other stuff before its completely done. then i will add battle damage and weathering.

C&C seriously wanted

cheers

Dennis

That is some awesome freehand you've got on there. :wub:

Is the vindicator going to be all brown or are you going to include some black like the mortifactor armour?

That's fantastic freehand work my man!

I can see you are really getting into a groove with these mortifactors now :lol:

The thing I love the most about your minis (besides the freehand) is that weathering, very well done.

Keep it up, can't wait for more updates :)

Hej då!

#13: thanks dude, it will be bone coloured on the sides and black with some yellow on top to mimic the mortifactor PA.

cathar the great: actually i did, i spent 3 years in art-school, but ive been drawing my entire life. this however is pretty much just a reproduction of what Simon Bisley made for his bible illustrations.

teddybear: its actually really easy once you decide to really go at it, my advice is to look at alot of art in various forms to get a basic understanding of shapes and then just try it. go big at first using ordinary paper and then once you get the hang of it try it on a mini.

moshutta: yeah hopefully the groove stays for a while to. the weathering is just another sort of freehand :lol:

more updates will come soon, the termies need to get finished as do the vindicator. i have got alot of stuff to paint now since the order got in last week.

once again thanks everyone.

Archived