Kneel before him.

I'm working on a pre-heresy Emperor's Children marine with very minor conversion work done. The only real converting that needed to be done to get the look I wanted, was to reposition the wrist of the marine, and fill in some joints with a little green stuff. The marine is on one knee, bowing to the Emperor.

gallery_43052_3390_3537.jpg

And another showing the details.

gallery_43052_3390_16571.jpg

The left arm is finished, nothing more is going to be done to the main part of the model; eg torso, legs, head, right arm, backpack. I am wondering what I should do for the left arm. What I have so far, the positioning of the arm is interfering with the clearance of the bolt pistol he's holding. The arm is in a resting position, hand closed to fist, hanging in front of him. I'm open to suggestions if somebody has some good ideas.

I'd guess hand resting on top of the pistol, resting on his knee if you could position that, or on the ground by his knee. You could probably position that with a straight out chainsword or pistol arm and change the hand around.

I like the idea though - going to be in use for games or just a display piece?

I would suggest having his fist on the ground, a powerfist would be interesting to see like that. You could also have him laying a sheathed powersword or chainsword out in front of himself as a sign of fealty (as in "my blade is yours to use as you see fit"), or perhaps drawing it from a sheath behind his back. I think that'd be epic. With the laying down the sword thing it might also be a good idea to have the boltpistol lain down with it.

Edit:

I had something like this in mind when I saw it

I love the idea, and the pose, just one thing is niggling me. If it's a pre-heresey Emperor's Children marine I think you should try modifying the helmet or maybe using either a mark iv or 'crusader' type one if you can get hold of/have them, simply because the mark vii wasn't made until after the heresy. Nothing major, but I feel it would add to the older look you're going for. Look forward to seeing how you progress with this :)

James

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to try to pull off the 'hand on knee pose'.

Brother SRM - The model is just going to be a display piece.

General - Thanks for the picture, definitely helped.

too late, huh? :)

Still, I was thinking, maybe, do the kneeling/praying pose from DoW SM's (when they're capturing a point)

Just my idea B)

Arenis

too late, huh? B)

Still, I was thinking, maybe, do the kneeling/praying pose from DoW SM's (when they're capturing a point)

Just my idea :)

Arenis

Its not to late, I am still working on the mini, would you happen to have a picture of what your describing.

too late, huh? :P

Just my idea :(

Arenis

Its not to late, I am still working on the mini, would you happen to have a picture of what your describing.

Can't find a picture atm, just let me get on the game, take a screenshot and put it up here...

Give me a day, as I have to go out for the evening...

Arenis

I feel as if kneeling marines are the new obsession. And I like it!

I think it very accurately captures the feel of religious fervor in particular SM chapters. I think either the PF on the ground or the hand on the hilt of the sword (Like This) Only take the hat out of his hand and put his hand on the hilt of his sheathed sword, resting.

Let me know if this makes sense to you.

EDIT: You could also have alternatively the arm reaching up grasping the hilt of a sword that has been plunged into the ground.... A sort of support if you will.

• 3 months later...

Update. The model is going to be a Pre-heresy Emperor's Children kneeling either before his Primarch or before the Emperor of Mankind. I made this quick mock up of what the final product should look like.

gallery_43052_3390_9296.jpg

gallery_43052_3390_23084.jpg

As you can see, the wing on the left shoulder pauldron will be attached as well as greenstuff modeled to finish the Emperor's Children icon. The left hand also needs to have some greenstuff molded between the fingers and the gauntlet.

gallery_43052_3390_12998.jpg

This last picture gives you a lot better look at the hand work that needs to be done, also where the EC icon will be.

To me this isn't so much about servitude, but prayer and meditation before/after a battle.

I agree that the wing is a little big, my suggestion would be to cut a serg banner skull/wing off and then cut the left wing off, glue the skull unto the forward lower area of the pad with the wing as flat as comfortable parallel to the main shoulder pad surface.

Cool concept :)

I REALLY like this guy! <nicks idea for later>

I think you have captured the essence of humility in the pose, which I suppose is a little ironic considering he's going to be EC. All the same, the pose works. I definitely could see something similar for Black Templars.

Very inspirational. Thank you for sharing!

* Also got a giggle looking at the first pic. I could imagine one of those motivational posters with the picture as and the text at the bottom:

CONFIDENT

Stopping to pray, knowing that Necrons are right behind you

Cheers,

Well they have no arms and he at least has one arm, a bolt pistol, and the Emperor's blessing... wait... There were no Necron in Pre-Heresy! Lets say he is an Imperial Fist, yeah that works :)

Please someone go make that motivational poster right now please :D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived