Vandael's Iron Warriors WIP

Vandael

Thanks Captain Mick :Troops: ,

At the moment I'm in the progress of throwing some paint on these and some other "bionics" Iron Warriors.

Seeing that I've got tons to do I might as well start some in small batches of 5 models a pop. This way I can "blend in" fully painted models in my squads until I've got my 1250pts target for this year.

Just a question though;

How and where do you guys (Chaos Marine Generals) make squadmarkings on your models? When I have finished modelling & sorted the models in the squads they are going to end. I am planning on marking them somehow. It's not like we use a ultrasmurf codex to point out where to put them. Ideas?

Cheers,

Vandael

IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

Hello again.

Captain Mick

That would be an easy way to do it :drool: but I would like to keep the bases clean. Usually I can keep my squads apart, it's more a fluff thing.

LuNCHBiZZLe

That will work but I'd like to have a mish/mash and mixed models & helmets with no models alike. Well just for the squad markings on the models.

Thanks for the input thoug guys.

Cheers,

Vandael

I don't like having squad markings on my iron warriors. I did hear that a guy got disqualified from a tournament for not having them but I don't know of any rule in the BBB that states squads need to be marked. i guess if i had to do it I would put numbers on the backside of the base.

Thanks for the replies everyone,

@ GooseDaMoose: markings on the shoulderpads would be the most logical, just have to figure how I can spare some room there.

I was also playing with the idea of using stripes to designate the units. Unit 1 leftfoot, unti 2 rightfoot, unit 3 right kneepad etc.

ATM I'm waiting for some IW-shoulderpads I've orderd for some further marines I'm putting together and thought that I could do some work with the models I did put together (recently). I don't have my camera ready so I'll be posting some pics later today of the work so far.

Cheers,

Vandael

Hello there again,

As promised earlier today I've got a small update on some troops I've ben working on.

Here are some Iron Warriors with an "naked" Aspiring Champion.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/Vandael/TroopsWIP.jpg

And here we have some with Chaos Icons, regular CSM and AUtocannon wielding baddy.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a377/Vandael/TroopsWIP02.jpg

Most of these models have their basecolours but all of them need work on extra highlighting, inkting, detailwork and weapons.

Constructive C&C welcome as always, plus I'm still fishing for ideas on squadmarkings :)

Cheers,

Vandael

Archived