Pulling a win against Eldar tank shock

northoceanbeach

Hi, I have been having major difficulty against Eldar Falcons tank shocking me off the objectives. First off, I've not had much luck killing them at all, they dance around all game and take shots at me, I take shots back, but while I may blow off a weapon here or there, I generally don't kill them.

I'll camp on the objective, but all he has to do is tank shock me off of it, or at least star engine within 3 inches of it for a tie. Then the falcon is there and it's contested. I coul use some advice on this.

I tried blocking my men with rhinos, but while the tank shock entry says you can't move over friendly models or enemies, the skimmers ruling says you can move over enemies and friendlies.

Hi, I have been having major difficulty against Eldar Falcons tank shocking me off the objectives. First off, I've not had much luck killing them at all, they dance around all game and take shots at me, I take shots back, but while I may blow off a weapon here or there, I generally don't kill them.

I'll camp on the objective, but all he has to do is tank shock me off of it, or at least star engine within 3 inches of it for a tie. Then the falcon is there and it's contested. I coul use some advice on this.

I tried blocking my men with rhinos, but while the tank shock entry says you can't move over friendly models or enemies, the skimmers ruling says you can move over enemies and friendlies.

well... have something like Meltabombs, as a Death or Glory attack hits automatically, it should get past, even if they do have Holofields :)

hmm, melta bombs on the AC's wouldn't be a bad idea, I have some squads with a melta gun, but the holo field really nerfs that. ANyone know if a melta bomb is ap 1?

Wait - why would a Holofield nerf a Meltagun more than Meltabombs? Meltaguns will work just as well as Meltabombs. Oh, no, Meltabombs aren't AP1.

hmm, melta bombs on the AC's wouldn't be a bad idea, I have some squads with a melta gun, but the holo field really nerfs that. ANyone know if a melta bomb is ap 1?

Wait - why would a Holofield nerf a Meltagun more than Meltabombs? Meltaguns will work just as well as Meltabombs. Oh, no, Meltabombs aren't AP1.

I assume he means "nerfs Meltagun shooting", from context. Still good for DoG though.

I assume he means "nerfs Meltagun shooting", from context. Still good for DoG though.

Yeah.

Archived