++save after deepstriking in to dangerous terrain?

My question is:

When a unit of, lets say, terminators deepstrike in to dangerous terrain. They all have to take a test. Two 1's are rolled. Do the terminators get to take their ++5 save?

And do you have to roll separately for every model, for instance: when a Chaplain came along (using a different die), or do you roll the dice all at once and then allocate? possibly saving the Chaplain.

Cheers.

Its not clear if you roll for each model seperately or just total them up and allocate wounds. I'd suggest rolling them all together and then allocating since thats the standard method of dealing with wounds and personally I'd rather not go the long way around unless theres a rule saying you have to.

i believe the dangerous terrain rule state "every model in dangerous terrain" or something to that effect. in which case characters different weapon kits and all those guys with all the bells and whistles their friends dont have all have to test seperately.

how to roll the dangerous test is definitely a grey area. discuss it if it comes up, or before a game if you have a lot of deepstriking units and a board with a fair amount of difficult terrain.

• 2 months later...

don't have my brb in front of me, but I thought you didn't get the invuln either...if you do that's very helpful to know.

the way I played it yesterday was to roll in groups and allocate wounds, but only for the number and types of models that actually landed in the difficult terrain (i.e. if your special weapons guy doesn't land in terrain you don't have to test for him, but if two bolter guys do, then any two bolter guys can take the wounds.)

it's not clear really, as others have observed.

BRB, pg. 14 under the heading, Dangerous Terrain, “Roll a D6 for every model that has entered, left of moved through one or more areas of dangerous terrain during its move. On the roll of a 1, the model suffers a wound, with no armour or cover saves allowed.”

Note that the rule applies to models, not units and that no armour or cover saves can be taken vs. wounds suffered.

Therefore, affected models should be rolled for individually or in groups if they are all outfitted the same. If any model has unique rules, war gear, weapons, etc. they must be rolled for individually. The rule also applies explicitly to armor & covers saves therefore INV saves can still be taken.

-OMG

BRB, pg. 14 under the heading, Dangerous Terrain, “Roll a D6 for every model that has entered, left of moved through one or more areas of dangerous terrain during its move. On the roll of a 1, the model suffers a wound, with no armour or cover saves allowed.”

Note that the rule applies to models, not units and that no armour or cover saves can be taken vs. wounds suffered.

Therefore, affected models should be rolled for individually or in groups if they are all outfitted the same. If any model has unique rules, war gear, weapons, etc. they must be rolled for individually. The rule also applies explicitly to armor & covers saves therefore INV saves can still be taken.

-OMG

OMG has it dead on. you have no idea how many times I've accidentally trimmed the special weapons or sergeant out of my assault squads and bikers with bad per-model rolls.

Archived