Motorised Dreadnought

Technoscream

I'm sure some of you have seen my WIP ultimate Techmarine, but here is another project I have been working on;

A Space Marine Dreadnought with LEDs and Motorised Assault Cannon!

I'm pleased with the result considering how small this is!!

(is there a way to embed this video?)

Hm... Well, I like the idea, but it looks very... 'Toys'r'Us'. To make it more 'Authentic 40k', you could try hollowing out the body, and feeding LEDs through the body of the Dreadnought. (Coming from underneath the base, through the feet, and into the Dread). Then model battle damage, and add bullet holes - the LED will shine -dimly- through the bullet holes, giving a 'Mysterious Aura' effect :D I've seen it done before on the internet, I just can't find the link :D

Hm... Well, I like the idea, but it looks very... 'Toys'r'Us'. To make it more 'Authentic 40k', you could try hollowing out the body, and feeding LEDs through the body of the Dreadnought. (Coming from underneath the base, through the feet, and into the Dread). Then model battle damage, and add bullet holes - the LED will shine -dimly- through the bullet holes, giving a 'Mysterious Aura' effect :) I've seen it done before on the internet, I just can't find the link :cuss

I'm not quite sure what you are are about, where do you think you think the LED is? The body of a SM Dread is already hollow, and that is where the LED & battery are stored. I have no idea why you would want me to feed cables all around the body & feet when there is already a huge cavity in the sarcophagus area.

I do however agree with some of the above replies in saying that a single colour, non flashing LED may be a better option. I will definitely think about this.

Y' know, I think this is great. I've never seen a spinning assault cannon modeled before.

However, I too have some concerns over the flashing LED. But that isn't because its flashing- I just think it flashes too fast. Is there some way it could be slowed to a pulse, maybe one flash per half second (or maybe a bit slower)?

Hm... Well, I like the idea, but it looks very... 'Toys'r'Us'. To make it more 'Authentic 40k', you could try hollowing out the body, and feeding LEDs through the body of the Dreadnought. (Coming from underneath the base, through the feet, and into the Dread). Then model battle damage, and add bullet holes - the LED will shine -dimly- through the bullet holes, giving a 'Mysterious Aura' effect :) I've seen it done before on the internet, I just can't find the link <_<

For the love of Pete, please don't make glowing bullet-holes. Maybe if it were a T-Sons dread, sure. But the Marine entombed in a Loyalist Dread isn't throwing a glowstick rave inside that thing. It's sheathed in solid plasteel and adamantium. If bullets are going inside the sarcophagus, the Dread is toast.

That's awesome! Love that assault cannon. Not sure about the LED, though... Are you sure the marine inside isn't a Slaanesh worshiper? Because it looks like there's a nightclub going on in there... Nonetheless, great work.

BTW: Do you have any WIP shots of how you did the wiring and assembly?

That's awesome! Love that assault cannon. Not sure about the LED, though... Are you sure the marine inside isn't a Slaanesh worshiper? Because it looks like there's a nightclub going on in there... Nonetheless, great work.

BTW: Do you have any WIP shots of how you did the wiring and assembly?

ha ha, that made me laugh! No nightclub I'm afraid, Just a loyalist marine ready to continue his duty.

I built this very quickly and so unfortunately dont have any WIP shots. I can tell you that I took the arm from a dread I had already painted and removed the assault cannon barrels before cutting out a space for the motor. There is a small watch type battery & simple switch on the back of the arm. The barrels were then reattached to the spindle of the motor. For the LED, because this is a full SM Dread (not AoBR) there is tonnes of space inside for insering the LED & Battery. Its all magnetisied so that I can pull off the front of the sarcophagus to access the lighting.

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Archived