Best 100 pt unit

Chucku

I like keeping a 100 pt unit on the roster as a 'swap out' - ie I can swap it for another 100 pt unit with different capabilities if I wish, and still not drastically effect my operational practices.

So far the 100 pt units I keep in the 'rotation' are:

- Landspeeder Typhoon with multimelta

- 2 x Attack Bikes with multimeltas

- Thunderfire Cannon

Of these three I like the Typhoon the best, with the TFC coming in a close second for sheer mayhem's sake.

What are some other 100 pt units out there that come to mind for you for this purpose from any of the SM codices?

Without the context of the army that it is suppose to be a part of, this will based on opinion only:

Thunderfire cannon.

I'm thinking without context, or whatever context you wish to apply. Just looking for interesting 100pt options.

If I ever have 100pts free I always go for a pair of Attack Bikes with Multi-meltas, since I'm always lacking anti-armour.

Yeah... I need to buy a few more of these. I only have the one that normally is running with my bike squad.

I would take a TFC (If I could get the darn things assembled :angry: )

Free techy is great.

No friggin' joke. I wanted to throw mine out the window tonight as I tried to get it assembled.... TBH, I think GW did a bad job of molding the one I got.

I would take a TFC (If I could get the darn things assembled <_< )

Free techy is great.

No friggin' joke. I wanted to throw mine out the window tonight as I tried to get it assembled.... TBH, I think GW did a bad job of molding the one I got.

Mine required extensive Dremel work in several locations. GW plastics rule ... but their metal, ugh!

Yeah... now that I'm starting to get into more of the metal models, I need to invest in one. I had to do a lot of bending/shaping just to get the thing to fit together, and there were a lot of really rough spots and one of the openings on the front piece wasn't even fully formed. Instead of a full circle is was like a half circle. Oh well, I think it'll look pretty good once I get the thing painted.

I swear by the Thunderfire Cannon. To the point where my opponents have started making it a priority to destroy.

Which means I get to dictate their tactics. :woot: OODA* FTW

*OODA = Observe Orient Decide Act - a process designed to make your opponent do what you want them to do.

If you have a free HQ spot I really like a libby with Null Zone & the Avenger. I can wreak havok with the null zone, give anything with a 3+ armor save a template of fun, or use my force weapon to insta kill something that bothers me.

I generally keep him in a land raider unless I need his avenger or force weapon. No Inv save and 2 wounds means he goes splat a lot.

Its a little over 100 points but

Land speeder storm with 5 shotgunners @ 125 points.

GC08

A little?!

That's way over 100, and its not even on the suggested list... :D

Plus, Storm's are crap.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
I like keeping a 100 pt unit on the roster as a 'swap out' - ie I can swap it for another 100 pt unit with different capabilities if I wish, and still not drastically effect my operational practices.

So far the 100 pt units I keep in the 'rotation' are:

- Landspeeder Typhoon with multimelta

- 2 x Attack Bikes with multimeltas

- Thunderfire Cannon

Of these three I like the Typhoon the best, with the TFC coming in a close second for sheer mayhem's sake.

What are some other 100 pt units out there that come to mind for you for this purpose from any of the SM codices?

two attack bikes wilth multimeltas cost 130 or is the bt codex different in that respect of cost to the new vanilla codex?

I would take a TFC (If I could get the darn things assembled :) )

Free techy is great.

Never mind that they're charging that much money for one friggin' hunk of metal. I can't, in good conscience, buy that thing, no matter how well it's been performing for me. I converted the upper half of one a little while ago, and now I just need to mount it on something to get it to the right size profile and footprint.

But uh, yeah. My money goes with a Thunderfire every day. Four shots really takes some of the randomness out of the scatter dice, and if you get two or three hits on a big cluster of the enemy, you can really rack up the hits.

two attack bikes wilth multimeltas cost 130 or is the bt codex different in that respect of cost to the new vanilla codex?

An attack bike is 40, MM upgrade is +10

Thats 100 points for 2, at least in C:SM 5th ed

GC08

Archived