CoC-III Harbinger's Death Guard

Harbinger

Well well well, it all has to start somewhere...

Welcome to my little log for CoC-III. My pledge is for a unit of Death Guard Plague Marines, a Unit of Terminators, and a Nurgle Sorcerer. So here's the start point!

gallery_44706_3461_12636.jpg

Due to my lofty ambitions, I need to magnetise the arms of the Plague Champ, and all the Terminators, so thats where I'm starting, getting the drill out and taking it to all that lovely expensive resin is a nerve-jangling task! I've also (as you can see) clipped off all the bits I need for the PM's and bagged them up (the neater the better, as my desk is COVERED in GW stuff!)

The pledge is for 5 Terminators, as I've already done two, to make myself the sacred number of 7, so I also have a test mini of sorts, to present for inspection.

gallery_44706_3461_1615232.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_34890.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_57601.jpg

The power glaive (which I'm pretty proud of!) is made by chopping up a normal Chaos Termy power axe into 5 or so bits, and then doing the same with a WHFB Chaos Knights lance, and then drilling through the lot of it, and pinning them all together. A dab or two of poly cement later, and I think it looks alright...

The more astute of you will also notice the legs, I decided that the standard Chaos Termy legs were a bit too 'Bling' for Death Guard, so I spent some time shaving down the greave bling to make it more dour. It looked a little rough and ready to begin with, but after an undercoat, it doesn't look too bad, and we can forgive a Death Guard Veteran some less than perfect armour right? After all, he has been kicking the lap-dogs of the corpse-god around the place for 10,000 years...

C&C would be much appriciated!

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the next batch!

I have now assembled and primed the Plague Marines, and put the rough white base colour onto them, so I can start adding the green trim and working on the gribbly bits.

Here's the gang all together:

gallery_44706_3461_42803.jpg

And here's the Champ, you can see I've made the holes for my magnets in the arm sockets.

gallery_44706_3461_29069.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_14525.jpg

So thats what I'll be concentrating on next, when I was bored though, I got onto some more detail-esque stuff, by doing some of the weaponry I'll be magnetising for the terminator squad:

gallery_44706_3461_70632.jpg

The great thing with the plastic terminator lord is that once you've kitted him out with the (obligatory) twin lightning claws, you have so many cool extras to give your termie squad!

gallery_44706_3461_26594.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_23842.jpg

Can't argue with a bit of heavy firepower!

Also, as a sneak peek, here's what my (more talented) girlfriend is working on whilst I'm completing the Call:

gallery_44706_3461_77195.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_64022.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_59199.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_35046.jpg

C&C, anyone?

Not much progress, but enough to put through my second update of the month, right on the bubble!

gallery_44706_3461_46614.jpg

Here's the start of the Plague Marine squad, now with the green trim done. Its not much, but I like the difference and the outline it gives each model.

As an extra, here's two pictures of the first Plague Marine squad I did, a few months back, that I'm aiming to emulate.

gallery_44706_3461_60729.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_60819.jpg

Questions, comments, abuse? Anything? :P

Thanks!!

@Saevus - I can't tell you how much you should get some, my poor photography skills don't do justice to the level of detail these models have. The only issue is miscasts. I've got a FW Nurgle Sorcerer that is slightly miscast, been sending emails for weeks and not got a response, I'm guessing I need to call them, as I've read they're usually amazing at customer service. Anyone got any clues? Still, I guess I've bought 2 DG conversion packs, 1 DG Terminator conversion pack, DG Dread, Sorcerer, AdMech techpriest and a bunch of other stuff, and only one miscast, so can't complain!

Firstly let me say those look very cool indeed (and your GF rocks!)

Some C&C if I may?

Firstly i would suggest using a watered down wash over the white either as a complete coat or as 'steaks' under open wounds or rivets just to make them bit 'dirtier'.

Secondly, the metal looks a bit too clean for me. You can either make them rusty (stippled foundation orange and brown wash work well) or give them some green in the corners to look like oxidised copper.

Or leave them as they are, which is still damn good looking :)

@Nurglephil - Thanks for the C&C! I use Thrakka green over the white, but I almost dry brush it, try to make it light, but it doesn't seem to show on the photos, so on the next set I'm gonna try going slightly heavier, watering it down and layering in streaks sounds like a good idea. I did the same with devlan mud for the metal, but I think I just need to get a bit more brave and get some more wash on.

PS - The GF was most chuffed with your praise!

@Disciple - Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

So, little steps, little steps...

Worked on the PM's a little more - Got the bronze trim done on them, next step is washing and working on arms!

gallery_44706_3461_2497.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_41410.jpg

Also worked on the termies!

gallery_44706_3461_67164.jpg

Cleaned up the legs, drilled the magnet holes and primed, ready for painting.

Also primed some FW pads:

gallery_44706_3461_14257.jpg

And last but not least:

gallery_44706_3461_10661.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_13459.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_11415.jpg

These are my kit-bashed power weapon arms, converted from WHFB Chaos Knight Lances, and normal Chaos Terminator power axe/maces. Generally just a lot of cutting, drilling and pinning, don't know if its too simple to offer up as a step by step, but if anyones interested just yell and I'll take some photos when I'm doing the next chap :)

As usual, any comments would be greatfully recieved!

• 3 weeks later...

Updates finally!

gallery_44706_3461_8250.jpg

These chaps have got the first few layers of paint on them, need tidying and details.

Close up you say? By all means!

gallery_44706_3461_72679.jpg

Also been working on some killy stuff for them:

gallery_44706_3461_88127.jpg

And some padding for those arms:

gallery_44706_3461_44393.jpg

Also after a few weeks waiting about and a few probs with mould lines, Forge World customer service came good in spectacular fashion, and this chap is finally on the go:

gallery_44706_3461_44320.jpg

All good fun, C&C as always is appriciated.

honestly the more death guard i see the more i want :D <_< . I have only ever gotten 1 thing from them (chaos undivided rhino doors) and i am hoping that my bl is done soon (well really i get bored of them) and then i will go crazy and buy most of the things u just bought

keep up the good work

• 4 weeks later...

Good God, it's entirely too hot to do ANYTHING here in the UK right now, but I'm soldiering on. Funny how fast a topic disapears down the boards!

I am now going full steam trying to finish all the bits and bobs for CoC:III, the plague marines just need arms painting and attaching, and the sorcerer is mostly painted, need to mess with washes and tidy him up, but at least my first bit is done. I present, some finished (I think) Terminators:

gallery_44706_3461_95742.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_9915.jpg

gallery_44706_3461_47967.jpg

All the arms are magnetised, so as well as those finished basic arms, for my usual build, I've also got:

2 sets of lightning claws

2 chainfists

4 more combi-meltas

4 more TL bolters

a powerfist

an Icon of Nurgle (converted from the chaos knights standard)

a reaper autocannon

all just needing a lick of paint, so they'll be next after I finish the Call.

C&C as ever, guys!

Archived