The Enclave WIP thread

NemFX

Hi. I'm new to these painting challenges, so I'll probably screw some stuff up. Ideally not too much though.

This is going to be the WIP thing for my Enclave army. So yeah. Enjoy.

Backstory (actually fluff to follow later)

The Enclave are a deathwatch style army, played with normal space marine rules. Each marine shows Enclave chapter heraldry on the right shoulderpad, and original chapter heraldry on the left. In addition, all twenty of the first founding chapters are going to be represented. I already spent about two months deciding on which legion 2 and 11 are going to be. I personally think 11 is different than the one I'm using for the Enclave army, but it's for fluff reasons (namely the invisible primarch theory)

Also, for all intensive purposes, the original 20, and a few others are considered to be pre-heresy era marines, whereas the rest are recruited from the 'present' in 40k. That will be explained in fluff also.

My WIP is going to probably be a little odd, because pretty much when I prime my models black, that's their main colour so they should be done pretty fast.

I'll be uploading stuff in no particular order, but this is going to be the list of stuff that I'll be doing:

Chapter Master

Shotgun scouts

Sniper scouts

Assault squad

Assault squad

Assault squad

Land speeder (I started making this one awhile ago, gave it to my Enclave army before actually reading the new rulebook)

Apache chopper (aka Predator, aka Vertibird)

Terminator squad

Possibly one secret thing if I have time.

gallery_21363_3463_773585.jpg

gallery_21363_3463_485097.jpg

First three completed marines. For all intensive purposes, these guys are pre-heresy in terms of fluff.

001. Wilson of the Dark Angels (pre-DA schism)

002. Carter of the Rainbow Warriors

003. Paterson of the Emperors Children

Just my guess. They were originally much more popular. Then someone told the Americans most likely ;)

"Wait.. So.. Their banner is a rainbow? And they parade down the street?"

In any event, their primarch is Cher.

thoes shoulders are freehanded right??? cause thats a damn good wolf on adams.

Yes they all are freehand. I like the wolf head too, but I think that the Emperors Children one turned out the best of all the freehands so far. The White Scars one was hell to do.

I'll try and do some tonight, but I don't honestly expect to get anything done. Probably tomorrow. Too much crap going on today.

I will try and figure out some fluff though. That should be fun.

Hi. I'm new to these painting challenges, so I'll probably screw some stuff up. Ideally not too much though.

you have my support. Together we can get though this!!!

fluff would be cool too... but remember... you aimed for like 10 squads.... youre going a bit over the limit there.

Only twice over the maximum :angry:

The fluff shouldn't be too hard, I'm just trying to go for relative accuracy with Imperial stuff. It's kinda tricky, because I'm not sure how it all works.

True, sometimes when you have a certain one off to the side, it's harder to see clearly, so i'll move them around if it helps the picture.. So I have a unit done now, though only 9/10 of the models from that squad have been shown.

Why do they have such butch mid-western American names?

Apart from that ... looks good! Lots of finished marines in a short time. A+ for effort man!

I looted the names from the founding fathers and the presidents of usa.

.. The Enclave in Fallout is supposed to be the last remnants of the old usa, so I'm keeping with that theme.

All the same, thank you. These 12 are actually from three different squads, so while I've technically painted enough to make a unit, they aren't actually a unit yet.

Assault squad one:

Harding, Fitzgerald, Caroll, Paterson, Wilson

Assault squad two:

Adams, Carter, Mercer, Ford, Bassett, Langdon

Assault squad three:

Richardson

Hm.. Should I paint more marines or some scouts?

Archived