The Enclave WIP thread

NemFX

I'm going to try and finish one of the three assault squads tomorrow. I have the parts to scratchbuild three rhinos, I just need glue. Ideally I'll get all that tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Not 14, just like.. 10 or 11.

Harold in the bottom right doesn't count, but he's too awesome not to be in the shot.

For clarity:

Chapter Master

(3x) Assault squad

Sternguard

Some kind of dread if I have the stuff..

Sniper scouts

Shotgun scouts

3 rhinos

Dominator (predator)

Land speeder (that probably wont ever get used)

So.. 9 + 3 rhinos + dread if I have time.

Ideally I'll have one unit finished tomorrow.

3 done, they'll be up tomorrow. I lost my list of names so my Fleshtearer marine has no name currently. I also seem to have lost my basing stuff.. The week of hell managed to make casualties from my Enclave army.. Even so, I have one unit done.

I should have this thing back on track soon.

Assault squad 1 is done!

gallery_21363_3463_31333.jpg

gallery_21363_3463_8434.jpg

015. Yates of the Luna Wolves

017. Blount of the Word Bearers

034. Spaight of the Flesh Tearers

SB1. Rutledge of the Sisters of Battle

Wasn't sure what shortform to give to Rutledge.. I'm going by very loose chapter numbers for anyone not in the founding 20.. I figure they would give her some other i.d. but I'm not feeling creative right now..

Unit 1 complete!

Apparently someone deleted the pictures from my camera. So I set them all up again and took these:

Completed fast attack squad one:

gallery_21363_3463_221226.jpg

Oh, the heraldry..

gallery_21363_3463_627646.jpg

I can't seem to find my basing materials, so not all of my updates are going to have finished bases. I think I'm just going to do random updates from now on. It should make updating faster. I have a couple scouts on the way and a marine or two.

It looks like you are spending more time on the one shoulder pad than for the rest of the mini all together.

So many areas just left primed black makes them look unfinished.

And, this is purely personal taste, so feel free to ignore, but nametags on the base never look good.

i actualy did the name tags on the base thing when i first started my wolves, I undid it because it was a distraction....but im now putting them in the little name/motto tag spot theyve got on some shoulders and such

Yeah, I'm going to do some of the armour highlights at a later time.. I don't have any fine detail brushes. As for the names.. I like them. I ended up making a name for everyone, so I figured I'd put them on the bases.. I know not everyone likes them, but I think it adds character. Also, yes, the sunglasses are painted on. I was going for extra cool points :P

Maybe this is just me, but nametags and sunglasses don't add character and coolness to Space Marines.

But this would be a rather useless discussion of personal taste versus personal taste, so I'll stop it there ^^

And you don't really need a fine brush. If you have problems with highlights, just give the black a quick drybrush/overbrush with either grey or boltgun metal. As long as you have problems with real highlighting, this will look okay. Plus it shows you all the wonderful details on your minis and always reminds you of what you still have to paint.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates, I have been working on them, but I have no idea where the camera cord went. I'm going to spend as much of tomorrow looking for it as I can. I'd rather not get disqualified from the CotI3 because of it. Unfortunately, it's the only cord for the camera. I've tried looking in stores for a replacement, but it seems they only come with the cameras themselves.

I have around 4 finished marines and 3 finished scouts.

All is not lost. Ideally an update tonight or tomorrow.

I have to do the chapter symbols still on the marines, I thought I finished those. Oh well.

FYI for the curious, there's a reason why the Enclave have sunglasses on. It'll be explained in the fluff once all the paint dries.

i noticed youve got sisters of battle, but there not really a chapter, there an organization, just like space marines are more of an organization than a chapter.

which leads to the question, which chapter of sister's is rutledge?

i noticed youve got sisters of battle, but there not really a chapter, there an organization, just like space marines are more of an organization than a chapter.

which leads to the question, which chapter of sister's is rutledge?

They used to have a couple of different factions, and they were visually different because of the colours used for the fleur-de-lis and it's background.. I can't remember what was what.. But I'm going to have at least two more. I'm trying to find the older symbols right now actually :D

Archived