The Enclave WIP thread

NemFX

Update tonight. The squad is just about finished, I just need to paint up the bases. I lost my huge list of names, so I'll have to come back to that at a later time..

• 3 weeks later...
New brush finally. Updates tomorrow. Trying to do a whole freaking ton tonight. Didn't realize the contest ended so soon. Scout squad should be done by tomorrow at least.

nice, is that a barrae, or is that hair?

just out of interest... what the heck is a barrae?

Beret. French type of hat that sits on an angle. Popular among military crowds. Very fetching on women too.

nice, is that a barrae, or is that hair?

just out of interest... what the heck is a barrae?

Beret. French type of hat that sits on an angle. Popular among military crowds. Very fetching on women too.

HERE HERE!!! ;)

Mega: Glad someone agrees with me :P

Cathar: I'll grant you that. Mostly. The arms are scouts. I don't like the look of space marine scouts. They are too bulky, and their heads tend to look weird. Plus, this is a themed army, the Enclave's original light troopers look like this: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/c/cf/Combatguy.gif

The scout armour just doesn't look the same as the Cadian gear, which I think looks great for my purposes. A couple of the shotgun scouts have radscorpion forearm shields but I consider that to be flavour more than reasoning. In all fairness, when you pay (in points) for the upgraded armour for the Imperial Guard, you don't actually model the extra stuff on them (even if you do it all the time) so even then, there's no visible difference. I just like how the Cadians look. Plus, they have the topknots like the Mk. 1 thunder armour has. That totally means they get that better save. Yep.

ItSeWiNg: Thanks :(

I dont have Fallout 3. I have taken some inspiration from it, but the majority comes from Fallout 2 and Tactics. I have made a realistic Brotherhood of Steel model and a realistic Harold (circa Fallout 2)

If I can get it done in time for the CotI 3, you'll see the major thing I brought from Fallout 3.

I dont have Fallout 3. I have taken some inspiration from it, but the majority comes from Fallout 2 and Tactics. I have made a realistic Brotherhood of Steel model and a realistic Harold (circa Fallout 2)

If I can get it done in time for the CotI 3, you'll see the major thing I brought from Fallout 3.

I would love to see that. I'm a big fallout 3 fan, once I found out that there were powerfists I got the ubber 40k fanboy reaction. lol

I've got a spare set of space marine legs, I'd like to try and convert them into something cool like a fallout 3 character or turn them into an experimental nurgle marine.

I've got a spare set of space marine legs, I'd like to try and convert them into something cool like a fallout 3 character or turn them into an experimental nurgle marine.

My BoS marine is made up of the following parts:

Chaos terminator legs a

Chaos undivided plasma pistol b

Chaos terminator body front e

Space marine terminator back

Dark Angels powerfist

Ork loota head f

some green stuff

I'll upload a picture of him at some point. The scouts and terminator squad should be up in a day or two. I got a new brush, but it's nor fine enough to do the scouts faces any justice..

My BoS marine is made up of the following parts:

Chaos terminator legs a

Chaos undivided plasma pistol b

Chaos terminator body front e

Space marine terminator back

Dark Angels powerfist

Ork loota head f

some green stuff

I'll upload a picture of him at some point. The scouts and terminator squad should be up in a day or two. I got a new brush, but it's nor fine enough to do the scouts faces any justice..

Oh ok. I'll be looking foward to see that.

Update tomorrow: Scout squad pretty much done.

Update by Tuesday (hopefully): Terminator squad

Somewhere around then Harold will be done (He isn't really a direct part of this army, but I couldn't resist making him)

gallery_21363_3463_336583.jpg

Terminators are done. You might notice that some of the names are repeated from the marines. There is good, fluffy reasoning for this.

See, the thing is, many of the Founding Fathers (of whom the chapter's marines tend to be named for) also then later became presidents.

Anyway. The terminators are named after the presidents.

00. Franklin

01. Washington

02. Adams

03. Jefferson

04. Madison

Sternguard! Expect updates to drop off for a little while. I have a ton of stuff to make, in fact, a bunch of parts went missing while making these guys, so once they are found, there will be updates. Until then, I'll be working on some fluff.

gallery_21363_3463_53066.jpg

gallery_21363_3463_432610.jpg

No names for four of these guys yet, but, from left to right:

Invaders chapter, Black Templars chapter*, Sergent Granite of the Relictors**, Lamenters chapter, Mantis Warriors chapter.

* Screw you guys for having a surprisingly hard to draw symbol.

** Pre-excommunication chapter badge, Granite was from Fallout 2.

• 1 month later...

The Enclave prevails.

After a long and retardedly hot summer (that will not end) the Enclave are getting an update. Sometime soon.

I got a decent proxy for a vertibird, which will be a proxy for a predator. I need to build a base for it to sit on, so I'll try to get the parts for that tomorrow.

I also have done a little more work on my Enclave's commander. I'm just having some major problems with paypal (which I can't get sorted for a few days at least) so the 6 missing parts aren't showing up anytime soon. He'll eventually take the field, but probably not for a few months minimum.

Scout squad 2 is nearly done, and I'll get those up soon.

Also, I entered into a modelling contest (I feel pretty) so if I happen to win, then the Enclave will be getting a Vulture. I'll run it either as a rhino, or far more likely, a land raider. I imagine that flying would pose a challenge to hit, so it would explain the higher armour value? Works for me anyway.

Depending on what I find tomorrow, the Enclave might get even more than that.

Thanks to whatever watchers I still have for their patience.

I'm thinking for my chapter master the following:

Chapter Master: 125 points.

Artificier armour: +15 points.

Relic blade: +30 points.

Digital weapons: +10 points.

To make a unit designed to be a spearhead, pretty much with the sole purpose of destroying anything in close combat. 3 attacks at strength 6. It's been awhile since I played, but with weapon skill 6, that should make him be roughly the single most devastating unit in close combat short of a dreadnaught.

The other idea was:

Chapter Master: 125 points.

Terminator armour: +40 points.

Power fist: + 10 points.

I haven't decided which. The model is already modelled with the second choices, but it's more about what works better.

Archived