Pezz's Big Scary World Eaters Army WIP Thread

looks good so far. can't wait to see the zhufor model.

Thanks, Zhufor will be coming later as I pleged to have two other models done before I even think about him, but he will be done.

So now I've changed my ideas since my VMC order seems it will never come (distributor problems):

- White Undercoat

- Red Gore

- Red Gore / DA Green Mix washed very carefully into shadows (I am using two of these mixes that are similar)

- Pure DA Green watered down to koolaid consistency for extreme shadows applied using a very fine tipped spotter.

- Red Gore Glaze to tie shadows into original layer

- Liche Purple glazes around the shadow transitions

- Red Gore + Blood Red mixture to tone down orange in Blood Red applied to much of higher areas

- Red Gore + Blood Red + Bronzed Flesh + Elf Flesh to highlight, white if necessary (EXTREMELY TINY AMOUNS).

What do you think I should use as a metallic undercoat for gold? I was thinking Bestial Brown becuase I don't like how it looks over white (even if I am building the layers up).

Well I'll see you all in a week. I'm dedicating every waking moment to getting my Dominance War IV entry finished by the 11th.. and I have a lot more work to do because I've messed something up. Plus final paintings for 2D Design and such I'm strapped for time.

I was recommended by a shop owner to use thoe following - tin bitz undercoat, dwarf bronze on top, then shining gold (highlights/drybrush/fullcoat)

I will do some experiments in a few days and show you guys the different results. Tin Bitz sounds good, especially since I was planning on doing chainmail this color (or washed variations of)

• 2 months later...

So since I had pretty much everything in my CoC thread which didn't make it, I'll post all here now.

Basecoating with GW's "Red Gore":

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/berserkerp/JuggernautInProgress.jpg

Experimenting with GW Liche Purple + Red Gore to cool off the shadows...

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/berserkerp/JuggernautInProgress3.jpg

Where I am now: Ended up mixing Scab Red + Midnight Blue for a nice purple, mixed in black for the deep shadows so far, but it's taking many layers and playing around with it to get the right transitions. My brushwork is still developing. GW blood red glazed on up top, plus some blazing orange for highlights so far, but I'm still trying to get them to shine; so far they look milky and I don't like it.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee236/berserkerp/JuggernautProgress.jpg

Hey, really inspirational to see how seriously you're taking each step of the process.

I haven't read the whole thread, but got the impression you want to get more vibrant reds? My secret weapon for that has been Vallejo Model Color 934 Transparent Red. Works by the same principle as an ink/wash, but has a thicker consistency so you have a wider range of thickness you can thin it to. Good luck finding your perfect red :)

Archived