Go Big or Go Home - Project Battle Company

Twin .44

alright, as stated before, this project is on temporary halt so a test vehicle was needed. as with my test marine it is shown with a hand painted model. although is it Rhino to Vindicator, you'll get the point.

Front

gallery_42800_3478_33988.jpg

Side

gallery_42800_3478_16719.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_46560.jpg

Great progress Twin.44!

You are truly inspirational. Actually, too inspirationsl.

It was a nice sunny day here and I was off from work, so what did I do?

Go out? Of course not!

Instead I did this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Grendelwulf/2009_CoI_002.jpg

108 little plastic bodies half built. And I blame you! :)

Sorry for the poor pic, but it's the only camera I got for now.

Keep up the great work!

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

Lovely work on the vinnie. Though I thought there might be more red *shrugs*

Normally when I see CF vehicles the only red is on the CF Icons. On the Rhino's I'm going to paint the Tactical insignia in red to get a little more out there on the top hatches.

Great progress Twin.44!

You are truly inspirational. Actually, too inspirationsl.

It was a nice sunny day here and I was off from work, so what did I do?

Go out? Of course not!

Instead I did this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Grendelwulf/2009_CoI_01.jpg

108 little plastic bodies half built. And I blame you! :)

Sorry for the poor pic, but it's the only camera I got for now.

Keep up the great work!

Ciao,

CDR Grendelwulf

I feel so lazy right now since I haven't painted squat in about a week. there was an error with my order so the packs and guards won't be in until Wednesday. hopefully for the call I will be allowed to continue on to the Rhino's for the time being. And thanks for the blame, I'm like a pusher, the first taste is free. I can't wait for my next project. It's either going to be:

95 Black Templars, 3 Land Raider Crusaders, 7 Lightning Claw Terminators, a new Emeror's Champion and a Super marshal or:

the entire 128 Crimson Fist First Company.

Yup, I'm out of my mind.

I feel so lazy right now since I haven't painted squat in about a week.

OH NO HE SAID SQUAT, dude games workshop are coming for you man, run. :no:

I am loving the paint scheme on the tank dude much better then your old one, but I do think it needsa bit more red, even if thats hard to paint.

• 3 weeks later...
I feel so lazy right now since I haven't painted squat in about a week.

OH NO HE SAID SQUAT, dude games workshop are coming for you man, run. :blink:

If GW came for me, They'd lose about 10% of what I buy from them.... anyway...

Alright folks! been a while so allow me to explain. ORDER ERROR! that was the first excuse. then it was GW DIRECT!!! second. now the third holding back my CF conversion packs, drumroll please, BACK ORDER!!!!! So I'm just going to paint up regular shoulder pads and back packs because I'm rather Irate. I'm not out of this game yet!

So here are my 5 sarge bases.

gallery_42800_3478_35591.jpg

16 bolters with the Tactical shoulder guards

gallery_42800_3478_59384.jpg

19 more bolters with tactical shoulder pads

gallery_42800_3478_68087.jpg

And all the special weapon guys.

gallery_42800_3478_8861.jpg

As I said, I'm not waiting around for the CF stuff, so I'm just gonna move it right along. I'll be putting it on with elmer's glue to remove later, but this just needs completed. thanks for tuning in!

Good to see this one moving again, it's prompted me to try and get past the "only one squad built" stage of my company.

I was building stuff but got distracted by a Land Raider Redeemer, some tactical termies, a Vindicator and another drop pod.

I'm easily distracted though....

You are my inspiration, Twin .44!

Your work motivated me to build and paint an entire company and I am steamrolling. Though I fear I will never keep up with the speed you're displaying!

Great job once again, too bad about the shoulder guards. Right, back to my own project :rolleyes: Good luck sir!

how the heck did i miss these, i like the vindicator, the marines are looking great too!

I'm only going for table top quality on these marines. I know I can't paint a lot better, especially since I discovered the beauty of washes!

Good to see this one moving again, it's prompted me to try and get past the "only one squad built" stage of my company.

I was building stuff but got distracted by a Land Raider Redeemer, some tactical termies, a Vindicator and another drop pod.

I'm easily distracted though....

So am I. I built a Drop Pod, a Black Templar test model, Flesh Tearer test, an Emperor's Champion and in the middle of a chaos sorcerer lord. And in the meantime, I decided to sell one of my full armies.

You are my inspiration, Twin .44!

Your work motivated me to build and paint an entire company and I am steamrolling. Though I fear I will never keep up with the speed you're displaying!

Great job once again, too bad about the shoulder guards. Right, back to my own project :D Good luck sir!

Skip the minor details and you'll move extremely fast. and if you're able to skip a full painting step, then you'll make record time!

well, here they are, the first fifty! It was gruelling, and irritating on the wait, but they are done.

gallery_42800_3478_41297.jpg

on to some transports!!!!!!!!!!! Next on the list are the five transports for these guys. next five will be the last 4 vehicles and the final tactical squad. and then all the rest. hopefully over the next 18 hours I'll get three transports done (I don't plan on sleeping!)

Woo! Triple Post!

This is the first completed rhino. I know it's missing the front lights. I'll be putting those on in the last stage.

gallery_42800_3478_16563.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_17008.jpg

From here on out, the HKM's, Storm Bolters, Treads and other minor things will be carried out on a final run through to save time and irritation. thanks a lot!

Mighty impressive, its good to see it moving along so quickly, makes me feel shame as I havent touched any of my minis in a few weeks. Shame about the pads. I hope you continue with this beyond a company... heck a chapter would be sooooo sweet, i still remember the one in warhammer world... it was freaking sweeeet. MORE MORE!

Mighty impressive, its good to see it moving along so quickly, makes me feel shame as I havent touched any of my minis in a few weeks. Shame about the pads. I hope you continue with this beyond a company... heck a chapter would be sooooo sweet, i still remember the one in warhammer world... it was freaking sweeeet. MORE MORE!

HA! how much money do you think I have? well, at least I wuldn't have to make a full 1000. more like 400 or so.

Well, anyway, here's the second and third rhino without the storm bolters or HKM's. one i did treads from boredom waiting for 4 to dry.

gallery_42800_3478_39783.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_14242.jpg

Remortgage the house, sell a lung, if you have a baby sell that, I want to see MORE!

No in all seriousness, you deserve a hell of a lot of prais for the stuff you have done so far, thats alot of painting and concidering ive been tracking this from the start it hasnt been very long at all.

Remortgage the house, sell a lung, if you have a baby sell that, I want to see MORE!

No in all seriousness, you deserve a hell of a lot of prais for the stuff you have done so far, thats alot of painting and concidering ive been tracking this from the start it hasnt been very long at all.

Have no house, I smoke so nobody wants my lungs, No kids (would have sold it already :D ) but ALRIGHT HERE!!!!!

Rhino #4

gallery_42800_3478_25531.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_49646.jpg

A buddy of mine was in the hospital yesterday so I didn't really do anything. He's fine though, I made him laugh and hurt himself :)

And I need no Praise, I am merely a Servant of the Emperor.

Impressive yet again. I have yet to start on my transports <_<

But I can say I am nearly at 40 men company strength (so that's 40% of my infantry) not counting supporting troops. Stuck building a dread right now, you just cannot mess up the paintjob (it would stand out if you did it quicky quick). I should take up the excellent example of speed here though! WOW!

These Rhino's should be mostly complete this evening. Treads, Smoke Launchers, searchlights, Storm Bolters and HKM's. I'll finish up minor detailing Thursday like missing parts etc. Then I can start up the last three rhino's and razorback along with the final Tactical Squad. then I get to move on to the devestator and assault squads along with the Command Squad. Last thing to complete will be Captaing Miguel (counts as Sicarius). so stay tuned folks! definitely more on the way!

well, here we are folks!!! All five rhino's done and on my way to the new vow!!!

gallery_42800_3478_43493.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_23654.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_52838.jpg

On to the next phase of me plan (vow 3)!!! 3 more Rhino's, a Razorback, and the 6th Tactical Squad!!!!!

Have no house, I smoke so nobody wants my lungs, No kids (would have sold it already :D ) but ALRIGHT HERE!!!!!

wow, you can sell my lungs just to see more, well done

Looking good, bit bright and glossy though. Is that the lighting/camera ?

they are a bit glossy from the spray paint, but it's overly enhanced from the camera flash. these photos were from my phone so they didn't turn out all that great.

Have no house, I smoke so nobody wants my lungs, No kids (would have sold it already ;) ) but ALRIGHT HERE!!!!!

wow, you can sell my lungs just to see more, well done

SWEET!!!! Well, I'm selling one of my armies soon to regain the funds to continue with this project, while doing a fully viscious Templar army, and also a full jump pack Blood Angels army. Battleforces here I come!!!!

Archived