Go Big or Go Home - Project Battle Company

Twin .44

well, finished up the tedious crap today. Tracks, smoke launchers, squad banners, and crappy battle damage. I must apologize in advance for the quite blurry photos. Nothing seemed to work! ugh!

Fronts

gallery_42800_3478_3664.jpg

Rights

gallery_42800_3478_14164.jpg

Lefts

gallery_42800_3478_48652.jpg

On to the final tactical squad!

I guess not many people are interested anymore since this is a triple post but I must keep going with the updates for my own end. Here is the final tactical squad, I even got some of the Imperial/Crimson Fist conversion packs on them!

This is them up front

gallery_42800_3478_57596.jpg

This is a shot of the backs and new shoulder guards

gallery_42800_3478_50773.jpg

Now on to part four. Two assault Squads, Two Devestator Squads, and the Command squad!

I'll stop you from quadruple posting!

This is, quite simply, amazing. Not to mention inspiring, as now you have me raring to have a go at doing a company of Alpha Legionarres.

And, it all looks great too. The blue is actually, IMHO, a better shade for CF than the ones you painted by hand.

Keep it up!!!

Wow, you're doing far better with your company of Crimson Fists than I am. I've got four tactical squads(fifth inbound), three rhinos, an assault squad, a pair of Dev squads, plus the captain, and his razorback.

Not a full company you say? Nonsense, Cimson Fists. That's a full company B)

Seriously though, excellent job with all the tedious stuff. I do not have it in me to paint nine rhinos. I assume the shoulderpads finally came in?

I'll stop you from quadruple posting!

This is, quite simply, amazing. Not to mention inspiring, as now you have me raring to have a go at doing a company of Alpha Legionarres.

And, it all looks great too. The blue is actually, IMHO, a better shade for CF than the ones you painted by hand.

Keep it up!!!

Thank for the Quad post block!!! And I'm glad to be an inspiration, makes all the insane tedious crap more worth it :P I've got a new way to do the painting of crimson fists and as I continue to expand the entire chapter, it is how I will most likely be doing it.

Wow, you're doing far better with your company of Crimson Fists than I am. I've got four tactical squads(fifth inbound), three rhinos, an assault squad, a pair of Dev squads, plus the captain, and his razorback.

Not a full company you say? Nonsense, Cimson Fists. That's a full company :P

Seriously though, excellent job with all the tedious stuff. I do not have it in me to paint nine rhinos. I assume the shoulderpads finally came in?

yes, for the fists, one half company is a company so you're just fine :P The rhino's aren't the hard part as I thought it would be. It's the highlighting that gets me. Drives me out of my mind!

Well done brother! You have succeeded in showing off your Fiscal might!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!

Well, enough of all the responses, I haven't gotten much done lately since a friend of mine is up from Florida. I think that's a good enough excuse to slow things down :lol: Next update will probably be next week. Here is the first Assault squad!

gallery_42800_3478_18895.jpg

better shot of the back five.

gallery_42800_3478_31441.jpg

And this one turned out to be my personal favorite. I call him the "COME HERE <_< " Assault Marine :P

gallery_42800_3478_13123.jpg

Thanks alot for looking!!!!

There are some things i wanne say

1st: Great Job! I startet my IFs last November and going for the Battle Company too.

2nd: Like your blue! It reminds me of my Night Lords

3rd: I realy know what you mean by saying the highlighting drives you out of mind :D

4th: Keep going on!! Seeing someone build up over 100 Space Marines and vehicles in less then 3 month can push yourself on to paint that little bastards too

5th: /subscribe ;)

I'm mightily impressed with the way your company is going. Sadly mine is still languishing with just a single assault squad and part of another built, the rest is still a pile of sprues on the bench...

I'm really impressed with your dedication! Turning out so many models in so little time would be just totally beyond me. I got the AoBR set (double marines, no orks) and I've yet to get my first 10 man tac together and painted.

You are serious :cussing business.

I can't wait to see the whole deal when it's finished - it's got such "woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow" potential, you know?

Well I've been following your log here since you started. I must admit that buildinng a Whole Battle Company was an idea I had for the Call as well, but then work came and ate all my time. Still, watching your battle company grow has inspired me to keep pushing along with mine. Of course yours is about double the size of mine at the current moment and I have no intention of doing vehicles till I get the spray gun (not inking metallics to ten tanks, thank you) Anyway, keep up the good work and look forawrds to your finished company.

Wow, this thread is awsome. I admire your speed, I've just realised my latest squad took three months from starting to end, and then I still haven't varnished them...

Keep up the good work. Will Pedro himself show up anytime soon?

There are some things i wanne say

1st: Great Job! I startet my IFs last November and going for the Battle Company too.

2nd: Like your blue! It reminds me of my Night Lords

3rd: I realy know what you mean by saying the highlighting drives you out of mind :lol:

4th: Keep going on!! Seeing someone build up over 100 Space Marines and vehicles in less then 3 month can push yourself on to paint that little bastards too

5th: /subscribe :)

Thanks alot, I appreciate all the praise! And the blue reminds me of the night lords a little bit as well. if I ever went Chaos it would most likely be for them. and yeah, the highlighting drives me mad and I'll bet you and I are not alone.

I'm mightily impressed with the way your company is going. Sadly mine is still languishing with just a single assault squad and part of another built, the rest is still a pile of sprues on the bench...

Now hiring! Positions for hermits! Low pay, but the time off to yourself is incredible!!!! :)

Will you post a picture of your finished company soon? Your work rate in getting these miniatures done is really impressive. Keep us posted.

I already planned on that. I was hoping to get it all pictured on a full terrain table once everything is complete, which isn't too far away. Tuesday I crawl back into my shell.

I'm really impressed with your dedication! Turning out so many models in so little time would be just totally beyond me. I got the AoBR set (double marines, no orks) and I've yet to get my first 10 man tac together and painted.

You are serious :cussing business.

I can't wait to see the whole deal when it's finished - it's got such "woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow" potential, you know?

As I said sometime before, my zeal comes from my days as a Black Templar Player. unfortunately sold all my models, but After this, I'll be starting a Permanent WIP thread, so stay tuned for that as well! Only this time they'll be much better paint jobs!

Well I've been following your log here since you started. I must admit that buildinng a Whole Battle Company was an idea I had for the Call as well, but then work came and ate all my time. Still, watching your battle company grow has inspired me to keep pushing along with mine. Of course yours is about double the size of mine at the current moment and I have no intention of doing vehicles till I get the spray gun (not inking metallics to ten tanks, thank you) Anyway, keep up the good work and look forawrds to your finished company.

That's why I did mine with Direct to Plastic spray paint :)

I would suggest using less highlighting.

Yeah, but it's a bit late for that unfortunately. to keep the look and feel of the army all together I kinda need the same to similar amount. When this is all over, I'm going to rethink my highlighting.

Wow, this thread is awsome. I admire your speed, I've just realised my latest squad took three months from starting to end, and then I still haven't varnished them...

Keep up the good work. Will Pedro himself show up anytime soon?

Thanks brother! Trust me, I've done the three month squad, and it kinda sucks. but then again I've also done a 20 hour model. stupid bloodthisters!!!!

And Kantor I finished about Six Months ago with my hand painted model. I'll get a picture up of him for you but I might pick up a new one to redo it since I've learned a lot since then.

I agree with the above posters, very nice job. They are going to look great on the table.

Keep it up!

Yeah, I went to a tournament and got 8/10 on the paint/customization score. no conversion in this, so I guess the painting was pretty good lol.

whew, thanks for all the replies and praises folks!!! I'll be trying to get the devestator squad up soon! They are filed and ready for basecoating so thursday/friday you will see them.

'Ere we go again folks!!!!! I know I said yesterday would be done, but I got busy. stupid worthless stuff... But anyway, it's coming down to the wire and things are getting strung along forever. BUT!!! never fear, I will be able to accomplish this!!!! I've only got 26 marines to paint! Wish me luck on the home stretch!!!!!

But anyway, The first Devestator Squad...

Group Shot

gallery_42800_3478_23949.jpg

The Sarge

gallery_42800_3478_11219.jpg

The Heavies

gallery_42800_3478_38495.jpg

And the less Painful wound takers.

gallery_42800_3478_824.jpg

And Ironjens, Here you are!

gallery_42800_3329_32499.jpg

I'm probably going to buy another one and redo him, but he's good enough in my opinion.

Thanks alot for looking everyone!

Well, here they are! The biggest pains in my :) are finally finished! For some reason, the highlighting on these are always more irritating than any other unit. but oh well, at least they are now finished. Tomorrow I have off from work, so guess what! Devestators and the command squad will both be finished tomorrow evening. all day painting session for me! Well, without further ramblings, here they are!

gallery_42800_3478_18840.jpg

gallery_42800_3478_34089.jpg

Stay tuned for tomorrow folks!

So whats left to paint? just those two squads? I hope so, I want to see a group photo of your amazing achievment!

Get 'em done, or maybe we'll have to send an Inquisitor to your house to lite a flame under your butt *Inquisitor ignites flamer* and I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige :lol:

I've been watching this since the start of my Call to Chaos, and I used a similar technique in using an airbrush to base colour everything which really speeds up the process and takes away the long slog of priming/armour colour foundation.

You've done a really good job here Twin .44 and like evryone else I cant wait to see the complete force.

ps. This thread inspired me to convince my fiancee to let me buy the megaforce set, then they stopped making it ;)

So whats left to paint? just those two squads? I hope so, I want to see a group photo of your amazing achievment!

Get 'em done, or maybe we'll have to send an Inquisitor to your house to lite a flame under your butt *Inquisitor ignites flamer* and I'm sure he'd be happy to oblige :)

No problem, all I need is the Captain and it's done!!!!!

Go Go Go!!!

Can't wait for big group shot :P

This wednesday I will be taking the full group shots on a battlefield with an actual camera! Pics will be up thursday. Anyone has any particular requests let me know.

I've been watching this since the start of my Call to Chaos, and I used a similar technique in using an airbrush to base colour everything which really speeds up the process and takes away the long slog of priming/armour colour foundation.

You've done a really good job here Twin .44 and like evryone else I cant wait to see the complete force.

ps. This thread inspired me to convince my fiancee to let me buy the megaforce set, then they stopped making it :wub:

Thanks for the compliments sir! I'm glad to know that others do this type of painting as well. I'm an impatient man so I went with this method (also a three month deadline didn't hurt either!) And sorry about the megaforce, kinda upset at the disappearance of a lot of things on the GW site.

Well, anyway, enough of that, it's time for the update!!!! Here it is, The final Devestator squad and the full command squad! i would have had it done yesterday but the thursday night of making Russ proud kind of screwed me over. woke up at 3:30 pm.....

Full squad

gallery_42800_3478_26225.jpg

Heavies

gallery_42800_3478_41236.jpg

Combat

gallery_42800_3478_36606.jpg

Sarge alone

gallery_42800_3478_38529.jpg

Command

gallery_42800_3478_20907.jpg

Well, time to go take care of the captain! but first, gotta post up on the COTI to let them know of the 4th vow completion!

All very nice, still wish I had time to even build my company. I have progressed a little as the second assault squad almost built !

Command squad looks really good, just a little nit pick though, perhaps a little more white on the apothecary ?

Well, it's been grueling, but this is now a complete Battle Company!!!!!!!! here is the final model, the 2nd company captain Miguel!!!!!! (Counts as Sicarius)

Front

gallery_42800_3478_16153.jpg

Back

gallery_42800_3478_36417.jpg

Left

gallery_42800_3478_15569.jpg

Right

gallery_42800_3478_34300.jpg

Full Company photo's will be up on Thursday in the Hall of Honor section. Thanks for tuning in!

Archived