My brother's Death Guard

Ufthak

Nurgle is great, but Zerks are fun...BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD MUAHAHA *chainaxe grinds through flesh*. I also like the fluff, symbol and colour of Tzeentch, and Slaanesh has something evilly seductive to it...the most perverse God of all four :D

Absolutely loving this thread! Great to see someone putting oodles of detail into both modelling and painting and doing it at a steady rate! :lol: It's certainly inspirational and making me itch to get glueing and painting my Black Legion army again :)

Keep it up!

Ufthak, do you have a thread for your WIPs as well?

Cheers,

John

Thanx drummer mather and Highborn Mergula :tu:

@Mergula: even for my brother, who painted the models, it's rather difficult to say how exactly they were painted, especially the first batch of marines. Every model was painted in a different, unique way (which is also why it's taking him AGES to get anywhere). But anyway, here's a very rough guide:

Normal marines + Lord: Black basecoat; paint the whole armour graveyard earth (possibly darkened with little Chaos Black mixed in), then, mixing in increasing amounts of bleached bone, camo green and/or rotting flesh, apply layers of highlight to the armour until it's green/brown.

Termies and dread: Blak basecoat; paint the whole armour graveyard earth, then, mixing in bleached bone, highlight until you have a layer of plain bleached bone. Then apply a final layer of bleached bone with a little rotting flesh or camo green mixed in.

It's rather basic really, just an endless business of highlighting and layering which many people (including myself) just haven't the patience for :(

The epic is strong with this one

WHY... is everyone better at painting than me xD

you are really good at painting and sculpting that chaos lord looks like it really is a dieseased pile of rotting awsomeness

• 6 months later...

Hey guys!

So, after a long break I can present the further developments in my brother's Death Guard force :)

First of all, the last termie has been completed!!!

Carrying a Power Scythe ;)

gallery_42816_3483_1536738.jpg

gallery_42816_3483_1200846.jpg

gallery_42816_3483_1634564.jpg

Shot of the full Squad:

gallery_42816_3483_1878950.jpg

Also, new update:

The dreadnought's rocket launcher has been completed!

gallery_42816_3483_519333.jpg

Furthermore, a small treat:

Given my brothers amazing Green Stuff skills, he decided to sculpt his own lesser deamon from scratch. Apart from the arms, which are from the Zombie sprues of Warhammer Fantasy, the whole Plague Bearer is sculpted. The paint job is still WIP, but almost complete:

gallery_42816_3483_345515.jpg

gallery_42816_3483_353953.jpg

gallery_42816_3483_149782.jpg

gallery_42816_3483_1054753.jpg

gallery_42816_3483_1502798.jpg

What do you think? Any crits & comments? :)

I actualy feel ill looking at that Terminator lord, great job on all so far. Would love to play against it just to destroy that abomination. Look forward to seeing more.

I know I'm a little late, but this is seconded, that Terminator Lord looks scaryingly real D: But in a beautiful Nurgleth way :D

Thanx Skirax and firestorm :) Yeah, the Lord is insanely nurglified!

The Plague Bearer turned out pretty well, though the hardest part - the face - still needs a little work for the next one.

My brother may be planning on sculpting a Plague Deamon which features in the New Jersey Chronicles ;) (To give you a hint), but that's still far away...

Archived