Imperial Fists - 5th Company

nordy

Hi folks

Maybe some of you allready seen some pics of my Fists but this should be my topic where i post updates and progress on my own Battle Company.

Maybe i'll write some story for them as well but at this moment i try to paint as many Space Marines and Tanks as my student money allows it ;)

Link to Howto do my yellow: click me i am a magic link

I try to update the first post with pics <_<

On the table atm:

3 Sternguards

Some statistics for my Battle Company:

100% COMPLETE

6 Tactical Squads

I. Done

II. Done

III. Done

IV. Done

V. Done

VI. Done

2 Assult Squads

VII. Done

VIII. Done

2 Devastor Squads

IX. Done

X. Done

Captain

Done

Comand Squad

Done

I also got:

10 Sternguards - 7 done, 3 WIP

16 Terminators - 16 done

5 Scouts - WIP

1 Land Raider - done

2 Razorback - 1 done, 1 WIP

1 Predator - done

1 Whirlwind - WIP

1 Vindicator - WIP

1 Rhino - done

1 Drop Pot - done

Lysander - done

1 Chaplain - done

1 Scriptor - done

3 Scout Bikes - WIP

2 Land Speeder - WIP

2 Dreadnought - done

1 V. Dreadnought - done

here some pics. For more visit my album or picasa album:

http://picasaweb.google.de/nordy1984/Imper...feat=directlink

Latest finished:

Command Squad

gallery_42346_3234_10975.jpg

Some Closeups:

Apothecary (classic in white :D )

gallery_42346_3234_12968.jpg

Gunner (weapon not glued as i want to get a chance to change)

gallery_42346_3234_84724.jpg

Companybanner

gallery_42346_3234_45703.jpg

Captain Garviel Loken (count as Sicarius or Cpt with Honorblade and Stormshield)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_dsPVJR2tKtw/SqjSZj_1MuI/AAAAAAAAAGY/oOcBjl0hbTY/s512/P1000857.JPG

Greetings from germany

Nice job, im just getting running on my own Imperial Fists, although im one of those odd ones who preferes the lighter (but not brighter) yellows, yours is bold enough to look really good with your tones and highlights.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok folks as some of you ask for it:

How to: nordys Imperial Fist yellow

Undercoat:

Chaos Black

1st step:

Take a tank brush and Iyanden Darksun and "wet"brush the whole Marine.

2nd step:

Take the tank brush again. It's time for Chestnut Ink. Ink the whole Marine. Have to look like this way: gallery_42346_3234_78610.jpg

3rd step:

Take a Standart brush and Iyanden Darksun again. Paint the armor. As the pic show, do not paint the parts where the armor plates are connected. Left some "brown line" behind. Should look like this: gallery_42346_3234_607099.jpg and with the armor done like this: gallery_42346_3234_457838.jpg

4th step:

This will make some of you make a sound like ":lol:" :lol:

Take Yellow Ink (i know GW don't sell it anymore. Look for some going out of business store's. I got three pots of it this way)

Ink the armor.

That makes that polished effect on the armor. Looks like this: gallery_42346_3234_514380.jpg

This kind of yellow makes it more like brown or ochre. I like it and i got a lot of compliments for it.

Hope it helps some of you.

You make yellow look so easy to paint..all I ever here is groans of the difficulty in painting it (made me think it was as bad as white). When I mix in some Imperial Fists to my Templar crusade your method will defiantly be used.

Cheers, Messanger.

N.B. is there any alternative to yellow ink (maybe a different brand)?

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

After long time i managed to do some painting again :)

So without much talking here are some updates.

Watch out for more updates since i am on holiday now :)

Edit: removed pics look at first post

they are awesome... but would it be possible (sorry for being so annoying!) to put all your images into your first post? as for someone like me who is only on occasionally, it is hard work to trawl through every page of an article to find new updates, and i really want to track your progress!

Thanks

~T-I~

These are really good. One small point I must make is that 1600 x 1200 is just too big for these boards. It's not easy waiting a couple of minutes for these pics to load up. But, your minis are really good... makes me think to myself about finishing my lamenters (all that yellow).

Thanks for all that compliments *shy*

I went to my local GW store yesterday and get my Planetstrike version. All that new stuff realy makes me wanne get this army done as fast as possible. So i paint as much as my time allows it these days.

I dreamed about a thunderhawk last night... seems like i must do some work to get money :D

Updatet first post. Latest marine is the champion for my command squad. Hope you like that sword ;)

I really enjoyed looking at the finished product of this army. The yellow is more subdued than many Imperial Fist schemes I have seen, but the ink used to bring out the color actually provides a polished final coat that is superior in many ways to the "shinier" Fists I've seen. Overall, I'm impressed with the ingenuity used to get the final effect on these models; excellent work nordy!

Archived